Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lets be constructive.......ok? (Read 55 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Lets be constructive.......ok?
06/26/16 at 07:32:50

Saw this story on Politicio, decided to open it and read it.
What an informative piece, appears fact written without skewing, refreshing from today's journalistic failures.

Anyway, I though we might try a study on this.
Lets all read it, and then give our impressions on it, like perhaps some great answers to our societal issues lay within this great resulting story....

I see the possibilities, and the partnerships that do work, for the greater of most.
I won't say anymore at this time, as I hope you read it and offer your own  Smiley

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/what-works-cincinnati-ohio-ove...  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Lets be constructive.......ok?
Reply #1 - 06/26/16 at 07:59:56

Too many words...
I only read editorials that can fit inside a peanut... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/26/16 at 08:15:01

Looks like a well intentioned and effective project. It's a bit of a stretch when they start talking about how much it negatively impacts the homeless and how they are not being considered.
Geeze whiz, should slums be built for them to squat in? Doesn't a thriving locale Not create a pool of potential charitable people and JOBS? What level of stupid do these people operate at?

And, when it got to stoning Dogs? Really? That's screwed Up.
I stopped shortly after that.. Ignorance gone to seed.
A bumper crop of stupid to enjoy the harvest of.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 06/26/16 at 08:55:13

I thought it a pretty good read.   Definitely gives some accurate insights into American culture over the last century or so.  
Anti-German violence during WW1 included stoning Dachshunds, burning businesses and homes, murder....    During the1920s there were rampant anti immigration feelings. With immigrants portrayed as "undesirable" religions, anarchist, criminals, "terrorist", etc.  
The article also shows how, as situations change those individuals /groups who see their influence erode become more and more desperate to retain the status quo that feeds their status/ego/bureaucratic careers .        

« Last Edit: 06/26/16 at 10:44:04 by old.indian »  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 06/26/16 at 09:21:06

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input/replies.

I find some of that revealing too Jog, and see the correlation of PC creeping into enabling, which.....
Never solves anything.

Years ago I went to rehab.
It was the beginning of a new life for me!
However, it was so far away from home, I had no visits of family.
Weekends were family days.
Saturday had interactive games, etc, barbque, and then family group therapy in the evening, whole families.

I just sat and drank it all in, instead of booze  Grin

It was quite a schooling.

I saw how enablers got their fix on being rescuers, thinking it lifted them to a higher level of caring, etc.
Boy, they sure didn't want to hear this....

They got so mad at the counsellors and put blame on everyone else, etc.
In many ways they were more sick than us rummies because our illness was readily visible, theirs, the enablers, were rooted much deeper and more a constant factor in all they did in life and relationships...,

Sorry, kinda got lost in reflection  Wink

Jog, these people are a fact, and part of the obstacle to a healthy society, so we just can't ignore them or discard them..,.
You any ideas on it that might prove constructive?

Gee, thanks Bot, figgers  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/26/16 at 10:48:20

I said what I believe. Not creating a thriving business district, rejuvenating the area, because it's being used by homeless people? No..The area will create Opportunities,, maybe some of those people can start doing janitorial work for a few of the companies. Work their way back into a normal life..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 06/27/16 at 19:38:28

Serowbot is honest, the rest of you are all talk.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 13:43:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lets be constructive.......ok?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.