Send Topic Print
front tire alignment (Read 66 times)
vanna_brown
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

front tire alignment
06/01/16 at 19:40:52

so, my front tire is pointed slightly to the left and when I right my right handle bar is closer to me than my left handle bar. I just need a little push in the right direction as to what I need to do to correct this.  Cheesy

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: front tire alignment
Reply #1 - 06/01/16 at 19:43:09

Have you wrecked it or something? I'm not sure it's adjustable unless it was an unplanned adjustment to begin with. Someone else will chime in on this one.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
vanna_brown
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/01/16 at 19:46:15

its never been wrecked. its been dropped during a safety course but nothing crazy.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 06/01/16 at 19:52:52

Sounds to me like you have a bent fork but I'm no expert by any means. Check your triple tree to see if there is any play in the forks. Can you visually check each fork to see if they are in alignment with each other?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 06/01/16 at 19:52:56

lift the front end, loosen the fork clamps, axle and caps.
wiggle it around a bit and retighten.

Also, the risers can be bent a little, check it against the tree.

if it doesn't straighten out, you need to remove the forks and check that they are straight.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 06/02/16 at 03:43:40

We used to "tweak" the forks on our dirt bikes in some falls...it was pretty common.  If nothing is bent....the forks might just need a bit of a tweak the other way.

Loosen the bottom fork yoke pinch bolts, stand in front of the bike with the front wheel tightly between your knees, and grab the handlebar and yank the bars the way you want them to move.  It may take a few tries to get it where you want it - then tighten the lower pinch bolts.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 06/03/16 at 18:18:04

Mine has been that way for 19,000 miles. It was a "fixed up wreck". I just kept a check on tire wear and got used to it. But if I let go of the bars it leans left and keeps going straight. You can, as already mentioned, put your tire against a curb or a tree and tweak it slightly. Just be careful to not bend your bars any more, as I suspect is what happened when it was dropped. Just be happy you don't ride a BMW.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:35:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › front tire alignment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.