Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Strange noise when engine is shutdown (Read 184 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Strange noise when engine is shutdown
Reply #15 - 06/01/16 at 03:25:03

Ruttly wrote on 05/31/16 at 12:40:42:
So light & nimble, but it has more motor than brakes going to have to work on that !

So far, the EBC Organic pads are the best ones for the Savage.  I have tried some others, and they take more lever force.

Once you get the motor improved.....the marginal front brake becomes more of an issue - especially if you want to used that extra HP occasionally.

The brake kit that Shawn makes is a huge improvement.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1391549028

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 06/01/16 at 05:48:55

The rear locks up too easy. A grinder to slice grooves across the shoes, decreasing the amount of surface area to drag on the drum made a very much better brake .

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 06/01/16 at 10:19:54

My Ryca is about 315 lbs, I'm very pleased with the power. Not a wheelie machine yet , still have to do jetting. But this bike hauls ass , it breathes the way a big single should really want to open it up and see just how big her balls are , might have to go hunting some SR500s. Glad I didn't go big with the cam, it's all smooth usable power , but got to get a binder up front. Got those ebc organic pads think they need to wear in.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 06/01/16 at 12:17:19

Even the wildest of cams provided for the Savage motor is pretty calm.  Don't go dropping a DR650 cam in your Savage.....the rest of the cylinder head (exhaust ports) likely be able to support that kind of breathing.

With the forward lean of the rider.....the bike really doesn't want to wheelie on it's own.  I don't believe I have ever had the front wheel off the ground in 6,000 miles of riding it....I suppose I could force it to wheelie if I had to.....same thing for that locked front break and smoke the back tire thing - it just doesn't fit the image of the bike.  I have had mine up 101.1 mph, and I think there may be a bit more available.....I just had to do the "TON" to really fit into the Cafe' experience.

TON UP!  (Ignore the rpm shown....the tach was having a glitch!).

TON_UP.jpg

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 06/01/16 at 12:47:16

Hey Dave , I have got to get a wheelie or two to know how it's gonna act when I get crazy stupid. Street tracker need to wheelie. I went with chain drive 18 counter & 54 rear I already know it does over 100. It must have been the right combination of engine mods cause this bike moves !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 06/01/16 at 13:04:27

I forgot that you had a street tracker and not a Cafe'.  The more upright riding position might favor wheelies a bit better.

I am not opposed to wheelies, and on my trials and motocross bikes I spent a good deal of time with the front end in the air - but the Cafe' seating position doesn't lend itself to getting the front wheel in the air.  (I was also more comfortable riding wheelies on a bike that only weighed 165 pounds).

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #21 - 06/01/16 at 15:01:52

Your Ryca is red correct with the digital dash

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #22 - 06/01/16 at 18:54:44

Dave wrote on 06/01/16 at 03:25:03:
The brake kit that Shawn makes is a huge improvement.

I am seriously considering it but I'm wondering about the availability of replacement pads, etc.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 06/01/16 at 18:59:55

It is no problem getting replacement pads for Shawn's big brake kit.  The caliper is used on sport bikes and some cruisers......it is a very common caliper and pads.  If you don't buy the caliper from Shawn, he will tell you which one you need to find.

Dave

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #24 - 06/01/16 at 19:27:37

Ok, then I shouldn't have anything to worry about. I had one of those "  Shocked " moments the other day and needed a lot more from my brakes than they could provide! Ya gotta love bad drivers!!! I may have to move this waaay up on my wish list!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:28:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Strange noise when engine is shutdown

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.