Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Things are getting complicated (Read 217 times)
Whoas
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Things are getting complicated
Reply #15 - 05/30/16 at 07:55:42

Started digging around and found a few things out going on in the carb.  Jets look clean but when I removed the float bowl there was a small amount of fuel on the gasket.  Now Im not sure if this signifies a bad gasket or maybe some leaked out as I took the bowl off while it was on its side.  Regardless I messaged LANCER about the jet set kit as well as the gasket so just waiting to hear back from him.
Theres a chance the the air passage could have been slightly blocked but the cone filter, also I found a little bit of fuel on the inside of the rim of the cone filter... not sure what that means.  So Im going to doctor the filter a bit to make sure its working properly and doesn't block anything.
Also the rear turn signals have been swapped out with a set of later year factory turn signals.  The bullet connectors on the ends of the lights have been soldered and shrink wrapped.  It appears as though the shrink wrap is either getting too hot or sitting on something hot because if you look close you can see it sort of 'cracking'. As of now thats the closest thing ive found to any damaged wires/connections.
Im still searching tough...

IP Logged
Whoas
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/30/16 at 07:58:18

The turn signal splice that i described in the last post..

IMG_8251.jpg
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #17 - 05/30/16 at 08:25:33

Who,

It looks like the melted area on the shrink tubing was caused by using a Bic lighter to shrink the tubing.

If you re-do the shrink tubing put a piece of cardboard behind the shrink tubing to keep the heat from escaping, and you can get by with your wife's hair dryer to shrink the joint.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Whoas
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/03/16 at 15:38:37

For anyone still lying awake at night wondering if i found the issue...
So I ran through all of my connections/contact areas, cleaned, sprayed, and greased all of them from front to back.  On a few other sites/threads I noticed a handful of riders complaining about the same issue with the melted terminals.  And almost all of them mentioned how a loose connection to the battery might cause this type of problem.  So I went out and got a new battery, cleaned the terminals made sure the contact with the battery was 100%.  And i also cut a piece of my cone filter out to insure an unobstructed air flow.  pulled the carb, cleaned it.  Started her up with ease, ran great.  I knew i didnt find the problem so i was very reluctant to even ride it.  Next day i ran through all the wiring AGAIN couldnt..find anything.
Yesterday I had my handlebars apart so i could lengthen my risers.  As im turning the handle bars left and right i notice i dont hear the tapping of the stopper (the two stoppers on the triple tree that stop the handle bars) when i turn to the right.  low and behold one of my turnsignal wires made its way in between and was getting smashed apart.  A tiny pinhole sized breech in my wire was causing my short circuit.  Taped it up for now till i have some time to patch it.  Havent had a problem since.

Thanks again for all your input Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/03/16 at 17:20:34

That was gonna be my Next suggestion..
Coff, coff..  

Daggum good going.  Noticed the different sound..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Reply #20 - 06/03/16 at 17:26:24

Them sparkens cause shorten and melten. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #21 - 06/03/16 at 17:35:06

Whoas,

It is always good to hear when a forum member tracks down and sorts out a problem.

Attaboy!

Kenny G

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 17:36:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Things are getting complicated

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.