Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Last time call for help... (Read 70 times)
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Last time call for help...
05/02/16 at 15:49:25

Good afternoon,

1. I can't fix this motorcycle.  I am not smart enough or well trained enough.  I haven't been able to learn much from suggestions or links, except to know that what I 'have' to per advise is of course way beyond my layman capabilities.
2.  You have instilled an incurable fear of dealers in my heart so I am way to afraid to take it to a dealer and waste even more money after two already messed up a simple tire change.
3.  Accordingly:

If someone that actually can fix this motorcycle lives close enough and would be willing to come here and show me all the things they have written about me doing, I could learn well from hand on instruction.

So I am asking for real help.
Smiley
I live in east Spring, TX 77373 a couple miles north of Bush airport on Cypresswood.  

Other wise, if no one can actually work with me to get it right, you might as well keep your eyes on Craigslist Houston for a real steal this summer. :'(

Thanks,
Tom

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Last time call for help...
Reply #1 - 05/02/16 at 15:58:59

Hey Wakosama. I do not know what issues you are having with your bike and I am a relative newbie myself, but I live just down the road from you and would be more than happy to meet with you at a mutually convenient time. By just down the road I mean just down the road in Post Wood about half a mile or so from the Kroger on Treaschwig and Cypress Wood.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 05/02/16 at 16:03:36

I am leaving work right now. I'll be home in about an hour if you want to PM me your phone number. Good luck.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #3 - 05/02/16 at 17:42:58

Thank you springman... PM sent phone number.

Problem is electrical since I installed new handlebars and reinstalled the controls... good battery charge, but won't start now.

I have a meter and at least I can verify battery charge.  About all.  

Thanks.

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 05/02/16 at 18:21:40

If you can open up the trouble shooting guide and work thru it, I'll be glad to help.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1403194022

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 05/02/16 at 18:30:38

I read what you posted on your problems Wakosama. Not my area of expertise, however the one time the bike stranded me it turned out to be the battery. Everything was working just fine. I rode to the gas station. I filled up. Turned the key on to start. My lights came on as they should. I hit the starter button and all the lights died after maybe one click from the starter. Replaced battery. Bike works great.

Though I am not an expert my offer still stands. Often just looking at things from a different perspective can help to find the problem.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 05/02/16 at 18:43:09

Problem is electrical since I installed new handlebars and reinstalled the controls..

Then the problem is in something you did.

Does the starter spin the motor over?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:21:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Last time call for help...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.