Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Update on my weight loss.... (Read 152 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Update on my weight loss....
Reply #15 - 05/01/16 at 11:17:28

My doctor told me that to keep blood sugar stable through the day, have beans for breakfast. She is also big on PH. Those sugars create a n acidic system, and diseases love lowvPH. SO, getting the blood, urine, saliva, muscles, everything, to be slightly basic helps kick diseases.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #16 - 05/01/16 at 11:46:48

Thanks. It's probably not that complicated if you break it down. Getting lots of exercise and healthy foods is doing so many things right that you get weight loss, a good immune system, more strength and energy and all around better health. The serious  obesity and chronic disease situation in the US the last few decades has to be mainly from the lack of the above, with a big finger pointing at all the so-called free sugars being added to almost everything.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #17 - 05/01/16 at 13:52:25

If you're interested, see if you can track down a BBC documentary series called "the men who made us fat". Gives a bit of a history into the circumstances that brought sugar into the diet as a main ingredient, the people behind it, the sugar industry and the health outcomes.

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #18 - 05/01/16 at 15:11:38

That show doesn't seem to be available in the US, but I know our main players here are Big Ag and the Midwest's corn lobby, the same fine folks who force ethanol on us.

We broke off with Cuba and lost our sugar cane operations there and Big Corn stepped into the gap and onto our necks and never left...

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #19 - 05/01/16 at 20:51:07

Dave wrote ; I remember an old guy in the town I grew up in.......the bottom of his shirt pocket was about an inch from the top of his belt.

Did he wear and funny hat and assure to Goober ?   Grin

Hope to see him this summer !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #20 - 05/02/16 at 07:23:38

Sonny wrote on 05/01/16 at 11:46:48:
Thanks. It's probably not that complicated if you break it down. Getting lots of exercise and healthy foods is doing so many things right that you get weight loss, a good immune system, more strength and energy and all around better health. The serious  obesity and chronic disease situation in the US the last few decades has to be mainly from the lack of the above, with a big finger pointing at all the so-called free sugars being added to almost everything.

I think it is massively appropriate that the initials for the Standard American Diet spell SAD
protip:
When shopping, stay (mostly) off the aisles, the good stuff is around the perimeter of the store in most groceries: Produce and meat are really all you need, and frozen veggies can, believe it or not, be better than fresh, IF no bad stuff is added (I'm fat now because I been shopping in the wrong part of the store  Grin)
you'll save time and energy, and eat better

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #21 - 05/02/16 at 08:27:20

Right with you, Art. If food is packaged in a petroleum product, read the label, if it's processed read the label. That label reading is not a time consuming job for the rest of your life, because you quickly learn what's going on and act accordingly.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 05/02/16 at 11:09:00

Sonny wrote on 05/02/16 at 08:27:20:
Right with you, Art. If food is packaged in a petroleum product, read the label, if it's processed read the label. That label reading is not a time consuming job for the rest of your life, because you quickly learn what's going on and act accordingly.

YEP

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 05/02/16 at 15:02:41

Yes, understand what you are eating, and its effect on you. A candy bar which is anywhere from 200 calories and up, is like 30 minutes or more to burn off with pretty strenuous work out....
Is it worth it, or just a temporary comfort?
Do you need it?
What are the pluses and benefits from not giving into urges?
It is all about behavior and thought change....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #24 - 05/02/16 at 15:14:15

My wife and I just joined Weight Watchers last month. I've lost 9 lbs so far but still have about 25 to go. The older I get the easier it is to put it on and harder to get it off. Good to hear you are loosing it instead of putting it on. Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:15:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Update on my weight loss....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.