Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
150/90-15 rear, How much bigger will fit on Front (Read 90 times)
CodyT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

150/90-15 rear, How much bigger will fit on Front
04/29/16 at 13:55:40

Just got my 150/90-15 put on the rear end. Was wanting to maybe go bigger in the front as well. What can fit on the stock 19 front rim?
Thanks!

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Re: 150/90-15 rear, How much bigger will fit on Fr
Reply #1 - 04/30/16 at 03:55:29

I would've dealt with that broken signal while the wheel was off. I have no clue what you can get on the front, but I'm sure you're going to be rubbing the strut bolts with the rear. Looks fantastic, though.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 04/30/16 at 09:03:56

The stock 100/90-19 is probably the largest you can go with a fender. Since you are not running a front fender, you are only limited by the width of the front wheel.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
CodyT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/30/16 at 10:21:11

Yeah i know (about the signal). This was my first ever bike that i purchased near the end of last summer. I was learning and riding really well with my buddy for a good 4 hours. When i get her home and my buddy leaves i decide to take in out on my own and my first right turn i layed it down. Im lucky though, only thing damaged was that signal and my right foot peg bent just a little.

IP Logged
CodyT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/30/16 at 10:23:08

As for the tire we sanded down the bolts slightly from underneath. We also grinded down the swingarm which i heard is the only real issue with this size tire but i figures going over bumps or railroad tracks that id better grind the bolts a little also.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #5 - 04/30/16 at 11:11:47

I swapped out the under fender bolts with button heads from Ace Hardware so if the tire rubs a little no harm done. But mine is on a 3.5'' cast rim so it might be a little wider than yours on a stock rim. Just keep a eye on the corners of the tire, a little rubbing during bottoming won't hurt, you'll never lean it over enough to NEED that part of the tread. But if it starts to gouge the rubber and get down to the cords you have a PROBLEM.  

IP Logged
Kruzader

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Stockon, CA
Reply #6 - 05/02/16 at 22:29:04

CodyT wrote on 04/30/16 at 10:21:11:
Yeah i know (about the signal). This was my first ever bike that i purchased near the end of last summer. I was learning and riding really well with my buddy for a good 4 hours. When i get her home and my buddy leaves i decide to take in out on my own and my first right turn i layed it down. Im lucky though, only thing damaged was that signal and my right foot peg bent just a little.

Yo Cody, don't worry. Take it easy and ride & learn at your own pace. Worst thing to do is to gain and abuse confidence in the first rides. I did, and  laid my bike on my first ride coming up the drive way. I learned from my mistake and now I get it to the garage with no issues.

Anyhow, I'm new to the motorcycle scene, and the only motorcycle community/family I got is this forum..

Lastly, I recommend you get yourself a journal. Log in your experiences, your maintenance, heck I even log the tools i'm buying to do the jobs.

Have fun and keep posting

When you need something and have limited resources be creative.

2005 Boulevard S40 - Elevation 13'
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:07:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 150/90-15 rear, How much bigger will fit on Front

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.