Send Topic Print
Not a Seafoam ad. (Read 43 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Not a Seafoam ad.
04/28/16 at 23:08:10

I stored my bike for the winter with some ethanol gas in it. Since I ride here in N Mississippi on warm winter days my last ride was December 24th. It was in the mid 70s. So I got busy, needed a clutch switch, and generally messed up by not riding until mid April. I looked in the tank and saw I was low on fuel--not a good way to store a bike--especially with ethanol.Started out and found it wouldn't take full throttle but would pull hard and do well by short shifting, so I went home, poured 4 oz of Seafoam in what I learned was about .8 gallons of gas when I filled up. Within 10 miles of traveling to my non-eth gas station she was running but not idling. I turned the idle screw in a good bit and kept riding. Soon I was letting it back out at every stop as it was idling higher each time. After 68 miles I had my baby back to normal. Don't get busy and neglect your bike with that Devil-gas just sitting there causing mischief. And don't put more Seafoam in it than the directions call for, like I did.  Wink Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Not a Seafoam ad.
Reply #1 - 04/29/16 at 13:32:38

The best fuel treatment I've seen came from a diesel injector repair shop. Works for gas, too.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:27:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Not a Seafoam ad.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.