Send Topic Print
Rear fender help! (Read 62 times)
savagegreenhorn7
YaBB Newbies

Waka waka!

Oakland, CA
Rear fender help!
03/09/16 at 21:49:27

alright you saucy folks, I need to switch out my rear fender... I tried shortening it by cutting it and it basically looks like $#!T now  Smiley... so, what I am looking for is a rear fender that will fit the Sav but also be able to hold my indicator lights on the sides where I can screw them in like they are done stock... any ideas? any help is much appreciated!
Smiley

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Re: Rear fender help!
Reply #1 - 03/10/16 at 00:02:10

You could put another Savage fender on it. That would do everything you're talking about.  You're not going to find a fender that's a direct swap.  If it were me I'd just get a trailer fender from Northern Tool and get to work on it.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Re: Rear fender help!
Reply #2 - 03/10/16 at 08:53:09

I agree with chzeckmate, I've been in your boat, hunting for a nice fender to chop and swap for the original that's 50 lbs heavier, but no luck.

All the decent looking swaps I've seen are trailer or chopper fender blanks chopped and cut for the swap. Not gonna be using any of the OEM parts either, will have to get aftermarket parts to work.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:03:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear fender help!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.