Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some food for thought...... (Read 135 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Some food for thought......
Reply #15 - 02/17/16 at 11:11:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/17/16 at 07:08:57:
The sixteen year old kid has a brain, maybe, and, With that brain, should it in fact, exist AND should That kid have some grasp of the idea that He will indeed get older and will continue to be in Need of things that, one day, mommy and daddy won't be there to provide, And, thusly armed with the brain that grasps the concept of future and certain knowledge of constant need, SEES that the ability to Meet those needs can be, no, WILL be, affected by his abilities to develop saleable skills.
He can choose to improve himself, up to his intellectual limitations.

I paraphrase the fictional interview between a sergeant and news anchor where the sergeant replies "Just because you're born with the means to become a prostitute does not mean you will" *

Just because he HAS the means, or ability to choose his own destiny does not mean he will. In fact, I've witnessed the opposite in the contemporary.

* http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/reinwald.asp

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 02/17/16 at 11:43:46

He can choose to improve himself, up to his intellectual limitations

Maybe I should have been more specific. He Can choose to improve,but, may not, and I,too, have watched many who Could have been good at things, just float along and lazily let their opportunities slip away. I'm related to some.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #17 - 02/17/16 at 11:45:11

Serowbot wrote on 02/15/16 at 21:56:57:
I see people all the time, working menial jobs,... that I can't imagine facing everyday... and they are awesome...
Just watched this vid,.. and I can't even tell what some of them are doing... but, it's art, poetry, ballet, and zen... wrapped up in a life...
People,.. truly are AMAZING... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxOWmPrpFQ

In my teens,... I did work at a printers...
I started as a flyer... that, consists of taking the papers that are spit from the presses... and straightening, stacking and binding them into stackable bundles...
180,000,... 64 page flyers every Friday morning,.. from 5:30am to 7:30 am... filling 8 skids 8ft high...
... and I flew, bound, and stacked, every one of them...
I did this for less than a year... 50 to 60hrs a week, and burn't out...
I got really fast, and pretty strong...  but, I never felt proud or respectable... I just hated it...
I love that people can find satisfaction from this kind of work,... but I never have...
I liked the challenge... but, the routine kills me...
...plus,.. that ink?... don't wash off... (bathing, head to toe, in acetone every evening takes a toll)... Huh

Holy mole!!! Shocked How long will the guy cutting chicken keep his fingers?!?!? Shocked  A fearless soul!

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #18 - 02/17/16 at 12:31:37

These people who do this in this video seem to be from less mechanized countries. There are probably hundreds of millions of these people whose speed, skill, dexterity, and sheer heart to do this kind of work who collectively put the typical modern American to shame.

We're getting fat, lazy, and soft. Smart? maybe... but even that's debatable.

Isn't that a sign of a falling nation? Didn't the Roman empire get soft before it fell?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 21:10:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Some food for thought......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.