Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some food for thought...... (Read 135 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Some food for thought......
02/13/16 at 06:56:40

I am not sure many people care, and that is part of the problem.....
I know many folks who sorta fall into the category of "tuff love" mentality, thinking folks can fix themselves with hard work, etc.
However, this assumption is based on own personal experience and lacks real world conditions.
Yes, yes, I get it, Blacks have been given a chance through affirmative action programs, etc, to rise from their surrounds, and yes it has had some positive effect as testified by those who have succeeded, yet.....

Race still is a cancer for many.

This is a good article by Juan Williams, I have followed him for years. I don't always agree with him, however, I do respect the mans opines.

To keep burying our heads in the sand, thinking its "their" problem, serves no one.
Thinking reparations will fix it, is like thinking more guns will stop the underlining cause of crime.

Personally I agree with Bernie as a start, our education system is broke.
A taught mind, is a healthy mind, and has the ability to think for itself, for its own repair ( responsibility ) of circumstance.

Yes, it is a bit ambiguous, as a fix, but its a start.
Not only in dealing with the Black race, but in poverty off all races, who are paid to just shut up and accept their lot in life.

When a person has healthy self respect, they are free of so many of the characterization others use to try and snare us, to their own gains and self interest.

Anyway, I am going to long in my rant  Cheesy

The link: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-carolina-pander-for-black-votes-1455318585

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Some food for thought......
Reply #1 - 02/13/16 at 18:47:34

Thinking reparations will fix it, is like thinking more guns will stop the underlining cause of crime.

Did you bring your lunch or did you ride a bicycle?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 02/13/16 at 20:12:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/13/16 at 18:47:34:

Did you bring your lunch or did you ride a bicycle?

I ate it  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 02/15/16 at 10:21:16

It is somewhat unreasonable that education = job.
education does = better job, but if the person doesn't possess job skills who's going to hire him?
There has to be sufficient low level jobs to get you on the treadmill.
Once on the treadmill advancement is possible.

and not working shouldn't be better than working.
the job shouldn't suck and the people you work for shouldn't suck.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 02/15/16 at 20:33:30

Does sacking groceries suck? Roughnecking? All depends on the attitude of who is doing the work. If they believe that they should, by all rights, be sitting in an office, supervising the schmucks, then it's gonna suck.

Some jobs suck. Somebody gotsta clean up the porta potty..
But, if it paid the bills, and I could.enjoy my family, I could do it and be happy.

I worked for a guy who walked around screaming, cussing, nothing was good enough or fast enough. Carried my lunch. Sat in the car, trying to cool out, eat,   couldn't do it.
After lunch we always had a meeting, get everyone assigned a job. I interrupted, said
Before you get too far here, I need to tell you something.
I've worked here for a few days and you're always ang, screaming, cussing, threatening to fire someone, just a jerk..
So, here's the deal.
You're not a good enough man to be my boss. YOU'RE FIRED.
I turned, walked away, never looked back.
I hope he learned something.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 02/15/16 at 21:56:57

I see people all the time, working menial jobs,... that I can't imagine facing everyday... and they are awesome...
Just watched this vid,.. and I can't even tell what some of them are doing... but, it's art, poetry, ballet, and zen... wrapped up in a life...
People,.. truly are AMAZING... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxOWmPrpFQ

In my teens,... I did work at a printers...
I started as a flyer... that, consists of taking the papers that are spit from the presses... and straightening, stacking and binding them into stackable bundles...
180,000,... 64 page flyers every Friday morning,.. from 5:30am to 7:30 am... filling 8 skids 8ft high...
... and I flew, bound, and stacked, every one of them...
I did this for less than a year... 50 to 60hrs a week, and burn't out...
I got really fast, and pretty strong...  but, I never felt proud or respectable... I just hated it...
I love that people can find satisfaction from this kind of work,... but I never have...
I liked the challenge... but, the routine kills me...
...plus,.. that ink?... don't wash off... (bathing, head to toe, in acetone every evening takes a toll)... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #6 - 02/16/16 at 01:12:59

Very interesting, but what happens to the people when the robots take over, and that's coming sooner than many people think.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/16/16 at 03:50:30

jcstokes wrote on 02/16/16 at 01:12:59:
Very interesting, but what happens to the people when the robots take over, and that's coming sooner than many people think.

Learn to run the robot........

It is happening in my industry. Not a bad thing mind you.
Some jobs by their very nature cause damage to our bodies from things like repetitiveness.
We now have a robotic that does some heavy riveting on aircraft that use to take two guys. Even with rotations of personnel, bodies got damaged from the work.

The biggest obstacle for man to overcome is his own darn ego and pride  Grin  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 02/16/16 at 03:51:06

Depends on who owns the robots.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 02/16/16 at 06:25:07

Remember when computers were gonna' make everything simple?...
Grin Grin Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #10 - 02/16/16 at 11:59:21

jcstokes wrote on 02/16/16 at 01:12:59:

No one will have jobs to earn money to buy the products that the robots make.  Grin Angry :'(

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 02/16/16 at 15:23:49

I see a day where fast food jobs won't exist.  There will be one person to services the machines in the event of a mishap.  Heck, they already have self checkout at lowes.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 02/16/16 at 18:20:05

pg wrote on 02/16/16 at 15:23:49:

I see a day where fast food jobs won't exist.  There will be one person to services the machines in the event of a mishap.  Heck, they already have self checkout at lowes.

Best regards,

Raise the minimum wage to fifteen bucks an hour. Almost all the burger flipping jobs will disappear. How many people are IN the burger shop now? Multiply that by fifteen, add the Matching Social costs, workers comp insurance, unemployment insurance, liabilty insurance for the Slip And Fall artist, rental on floor space for seating customers, the cost of maintaining employee records , (Anyone else actually THINK about what it COSTS to hire someone and handle all the bureaucratic crap that's just part of the New Normal? ) ones that stay, will be expensive. The cheap ones , to go, only.Anyone remember the
Automat?
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/meet-me-at-the-automat-47804151/

If wealth can be legislated, why legislate a minimum wage?
Just make everyone rich and everything free.

I don't know if history actually repeats itself, but I'm pretty sure it stutters.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 02/17/16 at 06:13:41

pg wrote on 02/16/16 at 15:23:49:

What's the difference if I ask a 16 year old kid or I ask a computer where 10 penny nails are.
I get a blank stare back from both.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 02/17/16 at 07:08:57

The sixteen year old kid has a brain, maybe, and, With that brain, should it in fact, exist AND should That kid have some grasp of the idea that He will indeed get older and will continue to be in Need of things that, one day, mommy and daddy won't be there to provide, And, thusly armed with the brain that grasps the concept of future and certain knowledge of constant need, SEES that the ability to Meet those needs can be, no, WILL be, affected by his abilities to develop saleable skills.
He can choose to improve himself, up to his intellectual limitations.
That said, I have been in the unenviable position to find myself at the mercy of some who, though well meaning, were CLEARLY educated Past their intellectual limitations and were making decisions that they had No Business being involved in.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 04:22:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Some food for thought......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.