Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Microsoft Apologizes for Windows 10 (Read 832 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Microsoft Apologizes for Windows 10
12/13/15 at 12:12:30

http://betanews.com/2015/12/12/microsoft-is-in-an-apologetic-mood-right-now-w...

"Sorry may be the hardest word, but it seems to be tripping off Microsoft's tongue quite freely at the moment. Maybe it's the holiday season making the company look at itself, but we've had two apologies in recent days -- first, a semi-apology for stealing OneDrive storage from people, and now it's sorry about the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4.

Recognizing that many people's experiences with the latest addition to the Surface range has been "less-than-perfect", Microsoft's Josh_F has issued an apology on behalf of the company. Thanksgiving may be little more than a memory now, but Microsoft is thankful for the "open and candid feedback" (or bitching and complaining) about the latest Surface devices. With Microsoft in an apologetic mood, what else could it say sorry for?

Writing on the Microsoft Community boards, Josh_F says that more fixes are on the way to address the problems and concerns that people have had with their Surface Books and Surface Pro 4s. Cold comfort to those struggling with problems with their devices, but it's something at least.

First, a big thanks to all of our customers for your open and candid feedback on Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. For those of you who've had a less-than-perfect experience, we’re sorry for any frustration this has caused. Please know that we're reading your comments and hearing you loud and clear. Your input is incredibly valuable in helping us address your questions with timely updates and fixes. Since launch, we have aggressively pursued the most pressing feedback. We have already issued a number of updates via Windows Update and are working to issue additional updates and fixes as soon as possible to further improve the overall Surface experience.

The "too long;didn't read" version? "Sorry for shipping products we knew were rubbish, but you're just going to have to keep waiting for the problems to be fixed".

There are probably plenty of other things Microsoft might want to consider apologizing for while it's at it. How about the forced downloading of Windows 10 -- or the upgrade process that has baffled some? What about an apology for the frankly rubbish launch of Microsoft Edge which still doesn’t have extensions? How about an apology for Windows 10 in general? Someone certainly needs to offer a heartfelt apology for Windows 10 Mobile."

Roll Eyes

Hah !!!  Some of the Microsoft sub-chiefs may still be real people and they might be sorry about screwing up so badly but the Genghis Khan himself never apologizes for anything, not for real anyway.

Somehow "Sorry I cut your nose and ears off,  .... again .... "  just doesn't get it as far as sincere apology goes.

Want to make a sincere apology?   Give us a 6 month period to roll back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and then spend the next six month FIXING all the garbage that is broken with Windows 10.

You want to judge how "sorry" Microsoft really is?

My gaming partition was set back to full automatic upgrade again this morning when I checked it.
  I put it back to non-automatic mode, pure manual "do not upgrade anything" mode.

3 hours later ........

The assholes at MS just reset it 2 minutes ago -- right back to full automatic.

« Last Edit: 12/13/15 at 18:13:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Microsoft Apologizes for Windows 10
Reply #1 - 12/13/15 at 14:03:10

When I shut the gaming partition down after setting it to refuse all upgrades, MS started automatically downloading all the stuff I had just turned off again --- I hit the power switch to kill the computer and went back to Linux so I could investigate how to stop it from going forward.

« Last Edit: 12/14/15 at 08:20:54 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
v-pilot

Loud bikes rule!

Rexford NY
Reply #2 - 12/13/15 at 15:35:38

After they let XP die during tax season I went to a Macbook air, been happy ever since

Suzuki DR650, aprilia RSVR, aprilia Falco, Bimota DB4(2x)
Moto Guzzi V10, Ducati 900ss, Triumph Trident, Suzuki LS650
Moto Guzzi Le Mans SE(2x), Moto Guzzi V50, Benelli 250, Ducati 250
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/13/15 at 16:17:02

If everyone would ditch winders,  what a wonder it would be.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #4 - 12/13/15 at 22:27:14

Fair comment JOG2, but as OF has pointed out, there are too many tech thicko's and scaredies like me around.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 12/14/15 at 07:39:44

FEAR of the unknown keeps you enslaved to MS --- they are counting on it, BTW.

You need to download and burn a Linux Mint DVD and get somebody to help you install it so you actually have a plan B.

Or ..... if that is too hard for your mind to get around, plan to buy a Google based laptop inside of two years for about $250 for a nice one.   Let the kids buy it for you for Christmas .....

Or plan to continue having MS bend you over the coffee table every few weeks or so ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #6 - 12/14/15 at 07:48:51

First time my PC doesn't work due to an 'upgrade' I buy an android tablet, or chromebox. problem solved, for me, as I don't really need a full PC for what I do

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 12/14/15 at 07:52:38

(Riff Raff) It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Microsoft takes it's toll...

(Magenta) Ahh...

(Riff Raff) But listen closely...

(Magenta) Not for very much longer...

(Riff Raff) I've got to keep control.
I remember doing the Upgrade.
Drinking those moments when
The blue screen would hit me.

(Riff Raff & Magenta) And the void would be calling.

(Guests) Let's do the Upgrade again.
Let's do the Upgrade again.

(Narrator) It's just a jump to the left.

(Guests) And then a step to the right.

(Narrator) With your hand on your hips.

(Guests) You bring your knees in tight.
But it's the pelvic thrust.
They really drive you insane.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 12/14/15 at 08:06:03

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 12/14/15 at 08:06:40

The Kindle works out so well.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 12/14/15 at 09:55:45

Walmart will sell you a Chromebook for $134 (today only).

Shocked    Shocked     Shocked     Shocked

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-Chromebook-11.6-Quad-Core-Processor/4438979...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #11 - 12/14/15 at 11:28:42

http://www.zdnet.com/article/here-a-chromebook-there-a-chromebook-everywhere-...

The gist of this current as of 4 hours ago article is that Chromebooks are still selling well and Microsoft notebooks and laptops are running totally flat to negative as far as new sales figures go.

Windows 10 is not generating any "new unit sales excitement" whatsoever.

I used to carry ThinkPads, starting with the IBM models and then Lenovo's versions, with me everywhere. They were, and still are, great laptops. Then I started using Chromebooks. I still have a couple of ThinkPads, but they never leave my office. Why? Because a Chromebook can do anything I want, typically deliver battery life that can see me through a whole day of work at a coffee shop, and are immune to almost all of Windows' security woes. I'm not the only one who loves them.

ABI Research, a technology market research leader, has found that Chromebooks were the best-selling laptop computers in 2015. The research firm expects Chromebook will ship more than 8 million units by year's end.

In a world where PC sales continue to slump quarter after quarter, Chromebooks are one of the few bright spots. Jeff Orr, ABI Research's Research Director, said in a statement, "Industry professionals can expect the notebook PC market, including Chromebooks, laptops and ultraportable PCs, to remain roughly flat year-on-year in 2015, with flat to slightly positive growth projected through 2020,"

Orr continued, "Specifically, data suggests a 2016 sales surge in both Chromebooks and ultraportable PCs as consumers continue to adopt Chromebooks into classroom settings and 2-in-1 ultraportable PCs maintain their trend status as the future of portable computing."

Chromebooks have done especially well in schools. Futuresource Consulting claims that Chromebooks accounted for more than 50 percent of US education devices sales in the third quarter. That jump came primarily at the expense of iPads and, to a lesser degree, Windows PCs. That's up from 40 percent year-over-year, and less than one percent back in 2012. Pretty good for a kid that's just gone from kindergarten to second grade.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #12 - 12/14/15 at 16:31:33

I just love the title!  Grin

Microsoft Apologizes for Windows 10

That's hilarious!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #13 - 12/14/15 at 16:36:07

I let mint 17 take over my little laptop (full install), 3 weeks after the install.... critical error...could not and would not boot.
I could have just reinstalled it and taken 30 minutes.... but.... I couldn't run any of my online games with it, and my security camera software won't work with it either, because most of them don't support the unix/Linux format.

So I just spent 3 days installing and upgrading xp home pro edition back to normal operation last weekend.
Ain't nothing in the software business "perfect", and as I was told by the local Linux/Unix guys..... buy some books....
Start with Linux for dummies and work your way up if you really want to know how to use the "free" software.
And those "updates" everyone is trying to stop.... the more of them you stop, the more problems you will have, because the software needs to go in numerical order to load properly.
And that is why they keep "turning it back on".

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 12/14/15 at 18:59:58

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/microsoft-apologizes-surface-book-surface-pro-pr...

OK, MS has hacked up their premium phone and their premium surface book -- neither works right and MS cannot fix it after multiple tries.

The Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book are among Microsoft’s top premium flagship devices. But the two hybrid tablets are facing huge backlash from customers as multiple firmware updates still haven’t fixed the slew of problems users have been experiencing since unboxing the brand new devices. Customers flooded to Microsoft forums and revealed long lists of problems with the new October released surface line. At the top of the list are the yet-to-be addressed battery drain and sleep flaws.

The Nov. 2 firmware update improved keyboard, trackpad and screen flickering glitches. On Nov. 18 Microsoft optimized touch features. The latest update Dec. 2 was a new driver which addressed certain display issues. But those software patches still haven’t helped the countless number of customers facing battery drain and sleep mode problems.

This week, Microsoft issued an apology still without a solution for the disruptive Surface Pro and Surface Book power bugs. Thanking customers for their “open and candid feedback,” Microsoft again directs users to the support page and update histories for the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. “For those of you who've had a less-than-perfect experience, we’re sorry for any frustration this has caused.”

The Surface team’s “I’m Sorry” should be taken with a grain of salt. The Surface Book costs upwards of $2,000 and the Surface Pro 4 $1,000 minimum. Suffice to say, these hybrids are not cheap. To make matters worse, ‘Joe’ a Surface Engineering team manager said in a Dec. 3 Microsoft forum regarding the sleep problem, “We will have an update for the issue sometime soon in the new year.” He insinuated Microsoft even knew about the issue before it released the device and described the flaw as a “very hard computer science problem.”

While the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book deserve the rave reviews for the best productivity tablets, a brief look at the Microsoft forums will send you running toward the iPad Pro or Google’s Pixel C instead."

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:29:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Microsoft Apologizes for Windows 10

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.