Bend over....... (Read 83 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Bend over.......
12/12/15 at 06:51:15

Folks, if you have any lingering doubt that it makes not one iota of a difference if the politician has a D or a R by their name.....

Then read this and become informed.

It is never about the ones, lets call them the "middle class" who strive to live by the rules....

Politicians are bought and sold, and this story should prove it handily.

We have enjoyed the befits of cheap oil, it really is/was the only thing keeping the middle class from shrinking even further.

Now look here: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-oilexports-idUSKBN0TU2SX201512...

If you read that you will know what I am talking about.
The cheap fuel has caused the industry havoc.
They can't make a living, and our national security is at risk if we can't keep the oil flowing at a profit.....

Now, read this, please:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/12/hilcorp-energy-gives-100000-bonus-to-all...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Bend over.......
Reply #1 - 12/12/15 at 08:21:25

Something that not everyone understands about oil production is
Not all oil is created equal.
In Saudi Arabia, oilfields that we developed in the sixties and seventies, the geological dome that contains the oil bearing formation has gas at the top. Drilling into it low, out on the edge allows the pressure of that gas to drive the oil up and out. No pump jack required. No downhole pump to maintain. No sucker rods to inspect / replace, no paraffin buildup to heat treat off. These are called
Lift costs. They have none on many if not all, I don't know the numbers.

American wells all vary. Some of them produce two barrels of water for every one of crude. That's costly to transport and pump down an injection well.
Exploration FOR oil is expensive. Either drill in a known, producing field and bypass having to do the seismic studies, hoping to See a reflection indicating a possible oil bearing formation, or, go hunting, hope to find what appears to be a production zone, hire a drilling contractor, punch the hole. Very expensive, either way.
Just like any business, you gotta look at the cost going in, and weigh that against the potential for profit. Not all oil is as valuable as the next. Some is high in heavy stuff, some is light. Easy to refine AND has more Of the most important elements. Asphalt is the stuff that DIDN'T make kerosene or diesel or gasoline, etc.
Some wells produce hundreds of barrels per day, others, twenty a week. The Cost of production versus the number of barrels and cost of well maintenance, it all plays in to whether or not Owning a particular well is an asset or a liability.
I've been there for the drilling and I've been there when it was time to plug and abandon the well.
The Railroad commission will sometimes tell an owner to plug their well. Those wells sitting dangerously close to the line are called
Stripper wells. The guy I worked for would sometimes make a deal not to plug one when the owner was considering it. He would take the well and produce it, and accept the liability for plugging and abandoning, should the Railroad commission demand it.
When we plugged one, first thing we did was have a company come out and strip the well of the pump jack , everything but the stuff in the hole. We took sucker rods, production tubing out, then got hooked up to the 8&5/8ths casing, pulled 100,000 pounds, measured the stretch, calculated how far down was it cemented in, ran explosives down to a tool joint and shot it off. Then we salvaged the casing. Set a packer, and cemented it up.

The profit margin for a barrel of oil varies, depending on all those things, maybe more than just those things.

The oil that is still profitable at forty dollars a barrel must have low production costs.

I'd rather have a healthy economy and pay three dollars a gallon than have rampant unemployment and a declining economy and cheap gas.

I could go on about the timing of and cause of the supply over demand... but, no one cares.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/12/15 at 09:50:42

Go on, I care.....

I don't think we have been on the gold standard for quite a spell, but oil standard.
The world, as we know it, would collapse if hydrogen became a viable replacement to oil.
It is nothing but a very sophisticated ponzi scheme, intended or morphed, doesn't really matter.
You pull the base out of a pyramid, the whole thing will crumble....  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #3 - 12/12/15 at 11:47:42

Last semester, for a middle-management course, my team worked a case study on HilCorp.

Awesome company for employees. And YES, even the janitors received the bonus.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 12/12/15 at 17:52:08

The petrodollar is not a foreign concept. It's dying. We WERE Buying oil, and remember, the Only way to Buy is to have dollars, and the only way to have dollars, is to Sell T-Bills. So, we Bought Saudi oil, while WE had and have, plenty, so They bought the T-bills,and they Told us, we are
Saving OUR oil for later.
And that's a good line.

Uh Huhh.

And, we import more than we export, yet, I'm supposed to believe that we somehow benefit from a weak dollar, because it helps the exports..

Well, a strong dollar means imports cost less.

And would you intentionally devalue what you use to bring food and services into your own home?

Been lied to and taught wrongly, believing in it, supporting it, even when there was that Little nagging question, down in there.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #5 - 12/12/15 at 19:16:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/12/15 at 17:52:08:
The petrodollar is not a foreign concept. It's dying. We WERE Buying oil, and remember, the Only way to Buy is to have dollars, and the only way to have dollars, is to Sell T-Bills. So, we Bought Saudi oil, while WE had and have, plenty, so They bought the T-bills,and they Told us, we are
And that's a good line.

Uh Huhh.

And, we import more than we export, yet, I'm supposed to believe that we somehow benefit from a weak dollar, because it helps the exports..

And would you intentionally devalue what you use to bring food and services into your own home?

Been lied to and taught wrongly, believing in it, supporting it, even when there was that Little nagging question, down in there.

Grin  Only inside the DC beltway is that logic considered gospel.  It goes along with the thinking that the same "economics" and "advisors" that ended in finical disaster will also get us out of it..   Roll Eyes

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 12/13/15 at 07:51:18

old.indian wrote on 12/12/15 at 19:16:37:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/12/15 at 17:52:08:
And that's a good line.

Uh Huhh.

Grin  Only inside the DC beltway is that logic considered gospel.  It goes along with the thinking that the same "economics" and "advisors" that ended in finical disaster will also get us out of it..   Roll Eyes

Love your last observation  Grin

Ya know Chief.....
and I speak from firsthand experience with "unforked tongue"  Kiss

If, thats a BIG IF

We learn from our mistakes, then they were really not mistakes, but just part of the learning process, even if we have to repeat it wrongly a few times to, GET IT right  Grin

However, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is........

F'N NUTZ  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 12/13/15 at 17:09:57

If it's so obviously a mistake to you, do you REALLY believe THEY don't know? Only a near comatose mentally defective could have failed to see what the end result of the trade Deals we've been victimized by. So, THAT is what the Best and Brightest gave us?
SEEING that, but failing to be able to get that it was intentionally done ? Look at the schools.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 12/13/15 at 17:28:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/13/15 at 17:09:57:
If it's so obviously a mistake to you, do you REALLY believe THEY don't know? Only a near comatose mentally defective could have failed to see what the end result of the trade Deals we've been victimized by. So, THAT is what the Best and Brightest gave us?
SEEING that, but failing to be able to get that it was intentionally done ? Look at the schools.

My "if" was directed at the politicians JOG, in them getting it right by their mistakes. I understand you think it was by design, I am not that sure, for I believe they are too inept at most of their undertakings  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/14/15 at 07:50:31

At some point
Stupid
Is exposed as camouflage for sabotage.
That's WHY
They just never learn.

Oopsies, we're just SO sorry.. Gee, didn't see that coming..

Bullfeathers, they know what they are doing.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 12/14/15 at 11:04:37

" ... by design, I am not that sure ..."

I believe, that their are some, Politicians, that are totally, ‘inept’, Like  Frankon from MN.

Some are, ‘just’, inept enough, to line their pockets, and take any, ‘perks’ they look for, by voting the way they are, ’TOLD’ to.

And over 1/2,  are the, ‘Tellers’, and the ‘Planers’, to turn this Country and tax paying Citizens, into JUST, a way for their personal  financial gain.

I’m with JOG on this. It is, Planned !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/03/24 at 04:12:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bend over.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.