Kevlar clutch (Read 175 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: Kevlar clutch
Reply #15 - 12/03/15 at 16:36:13

I'll get to riding as soon as I can get the turn signal fixed and get a little better with this cold. I'm going to have the case open at some point anyway. You don't think I should take the opportunity to tinker with the clutch?

You're suggesting that I won't know what I need until I get more experience? Correct?

You actually sound a lot like myself talking to my Dad. He doesn't even have his learner's permit, and yet he's went to the trouble of buying used saddlebags, a windshield, and crash bars Roll Eyes Tongue. I tell him that he should ride the thing naked until he has the experience to know that he needs all that stuff. I gather windshields can be problematic if they are not done just right. Of course, I have (or had) a personal interest here, so it is a bit different. I like relatively naked bikes.

Adding all that unnecessary junk, and he'd be lucky if he's ever taken it much past the mailbox, much less the highway Roll Eyes. What a shame, what a waste Roll Eyes

That's kinda how life goes around here. Tongue

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #16 - 12/04/15 at 17:42:23

cheapnewb24 wrote on 12/03/15 at 16:36:13:
You're suggesting that I won't know what I need until I get more experience? Correct?

Correct.

Learn to enjoy what you already have. Once that becomes old then modify to your heart's content. For example, the stock clutch holds up just fine. A Kevlar clutch wouldn't necessarily be better if the stock parts are performing 100%.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #17 - 12/04/15 at 21:24:50

Suzuki uses the same clutch plates in bigger badder bikes than the Cabbage. Also in smaller strokers, too. It is just fine. Kevlar all you want but it will make no difference.

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #18 - 12/05/15 at 03:13:28

I think there should be one additional choice in the poll.  "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Clutch mods?  I think the general consensus here would probably be to leave it alone if it's in good working order and if it's not then the most economical solution would be the most popular thing.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 12/05/15 at 09:24:31

chzeckmate wrote on 12/05/15 at 03:13:28:
I think there should be one additional choice in the poll.  "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Clutch mods?  I think the general consensus here would probably be to leave it alone if it's in good working order and if it's not then the most economical solution would be the most popular thing.  

Just because someone might need to see that twice.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:38:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kevlar clutch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.