Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Playing PC with words..... (Read 174 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Playing PC with words.....
Reply #15 - 11/18/15 at 03:51:18

Serowbot wrote on 11/17/15 at 22:43:51:
Howdy, Lost... Cool...

You make a great entrance... Smiley...

Grin Grin Grin....

That is bit disheartening Serowbot, you just set the precedent it is now acceptable to tell other forum members to FU.

Best regards

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 11/18/15 at 06:34:38

Sorry,.. you are correct...

The abrupt nature just struck me funny... and it being in a thread about PC speech...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/18/15 at 17:06:31

pg wrote on 11/18/15 at 03:50:05:
LostArtist wrote on 11/17/15 at 22:30:04:
Quote:
I don't think it is a joke and and nor do I see any humor.

Best regards,

are you saying you're insulted by my NON PC speech???  

do you want me to be nicer to you?

so I should find a more moderate way to make my point?  instead of just telling you to F OFF and not be such a wuss?  

people who cry about being victimized by the PC police are only victims of their own ability to not be a-holes.

What did I type?  -   “I don't think it is a joke and and nor do I see any humor.”  

Since you directed questions towards me, I will be happy to address your concerns.  I think you meant everything you posted.  In addition, I believe you used those words because  you lack the ability to provide a compelling argument or even a sound rationale.  There is a difference between debating & insulting, in which you choose the later.

Best regards,

really?  of all people so thin skinned...  

you really don't get it?  

the idea of Political Correct speech it so avoid offending others right?

judging by your post, you're against PC speech, you want to say what you want to say regardless of other's being offended or not, you want to be able to use highly prejudiced language because that's how you see it or something

yet I say FU to all on a thread, offending everyone, clearly not being PC, and you are all up in my business about it, You should be cheering, I've embraced your stance, no more PC, FU MOFO!  F-ME too while your at it.

As it turns out, people area offended by EVERYTHING so being PC is a pretty much useless tactic.  But if you are using offensive language then it should be expected that someone calls you out on it.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/18/15 at 17:08:48

pg wrote on 11/18/15 at 03:51:18:
Howdy, Lost... Cool...

Grin Grin Grin....

That is bit disheartening Serowbot, you just set the precedent it is now acceptable to tell other forum members to FU.

Best regards

you've set the precedent that you'd rather not have PC speech, so you must think it's okay to be offensive toward others, not sure where your argument on this is?

you can dish it out but cant' take it??  

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/18/15 at 17:13:39

Howdy, Lost... Cool...

Grin Grin Grin....

wait till you see my exit  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 11/18/15 at 19:16:55

Sadly, I know some people who look their best leaving. In fact, they look SO good leaving, I call them back, just so I get a replay.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #21 - 11/18/15 at 22:07:03

you really don't get it?  

judging by your post, you're against PC speech, you want to say what you want to say regardless of other's being offended or not, you want to be able to use highly prejudiced language because that's how you see it or something

yet I say FU to all on a thread, offending everyone, clearly not being PC, and you are all up in my business about it, You should be cheering, I've embraced your stance, no more PC, FU MOFO!  F-ME too while your at it.

As it turns out, people area offended by EVERYTHING so being PC is a pretty much useless tactic.  But if you are using offensive language then it should be expected that someone calls you out on it.

Once again I will take the opportunity to address your concerns.  Free of speech is certainly about communicating one’s opinions.   However, there is a difference between freedom of expression and using profanity.  Using the expression FU would certainly constitute profanity.  

As for what I posted, I really don’t believe using the word sh*t is considered deeply offensive language.  At best, perhaps inappropriate.  Vulgar profanity laced speech is not appreciated by many people on the forum.  As for myself I can take just fine; although, I choose not to.  Hence, I writing this post.  I hope that answers all your questions.

Best regards,

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 11/19/15 at 12:54:36

pg wrote on 11/18/15 at 22:07:03:

you really don't get it?  

Once again I will take the opportunity to address your concerns.  Free of speech is certainly about communicating one’s opinions.   However, there is a difference between freedom of expression and using profanity.  Using the expression FU would certainly constitute profanity.  

As for what I posted, I really don’t believe using the word sh*t is considered deeply offensive language.  At best, perhaps inappropriate.  Vulgar profanity laced speech is not appreciated by many people on the forum.  As for myself I can take just fine; although, I choose not to.  Hence, I writing this post.  I hope that answers all your questions.

Best regards,

oooh,  so you're just calling language on me then?  

at least I'm not hiding behind some fake Truman telegrams, yah yellow belly bastard (also vulgar speech btw)!!  

Tongue

being offended is being offended, the words that offend you don't necessarily offend others and words you don't find offensive ARE offensive to others, again, a no win situation, until people realize this point, taking offense if subjective, vulgar language  doesn't offend me in the least, and to be clear, I didn't actually say the vulgar/profane word and if I had the computer software on this site, if it still works, would have corrected it to something safe for you anyway

political correctness is just expanding the definition of what might be deemed offensive or even vulgar language.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 11/19/15 at 16:25:56

ooh,  so you're just calling language on me then?  

Yes, that got my attention.  And as your posts demonstrate you are someone who lacks restraint and genuinely enjoys insulting other people.  Nobody on the site appreciates reading posts with FU or similar content.  One of the moderators supported that position as well.

at least I'm not hiding behind some fake Truman telegrams, yah yellow belly bastard (also vulgar speech btw)!!  

Ok, you're accusing me of hiding behind the contents of a post.  That’s coming from someone that starts a thread about a suicidal owl named Boggle who is in search of moral support……   I can speculate; however, I don’t think I really want to know.

being offended is being offended, the words that offend you don't necessarily offend others and words you don't find offensive ARE offensive to others, again, a no win situation, until people realize this point, taking offense if subjective, vulgar language  doesn't offend me in the least, and to be clear, I didn't actually say the vulgar/profane word and if I had the computer software on this site, if it still works, would have corrected it to something safe for you anyway

I hardly doubt vulgar language doesn’t offend you in the least.  It took a whole lot less for you to start slinging insults at me.

political correctness is just expanding the definition of what might be deemed offensive or even vulgar language.

Actually, political correctness in its modern form can be traced to the Bolshevik Revolution.  Leon Trotsky would persecute political adversaries who did not choose the politically correct position regarding marxist politics.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/19/15 at 16:48:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/18/15 at 19:16:55:
Sadly, I know some people who look their best leaving. In fact, they look SO good leaving, I call them back, just so I get a replay.

Seen some girls like that......

back to the point at hand, I'm all in favor of allowing the dreaded two letter abrievation to return seeing i have a dozen or so I'd like to direct that to...!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
08/31/24 at 08:09:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Playing PC with words.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.