Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Right turn signal lights are very dim and slow. (Read 40 times)
WeWontBlink
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Amarillo, TX
Right turn signal lights are very dim and slow.
10/25/15 at 10:46:16

I did the Ryca bobber kit on my 06 LS650 a year or two ago and have been enjoying it with no problems.  Recently, the right turn signal lights have been very dim and slow.  So dim they can't be seen unless you're right next to it.  Also the headlight and license plate light kind of flicker or blink in time with the right turn signals.  Left turn signal lights are working normal.  I swapped the battery but have the same issue.  Any other ideas you guys could point me towards?  Short or ground maybe?  Thanks.

2006 LS650.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Right turn signal lights are very dim and slow
Reply #1 - 10/25/15 at 10:59:54

WeWontBlink wrote on 10/25/15 at 10:46:16:
Short or ground maybe?  Thanks.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking.   Grin
if it's happening with everything, then it's the ground.
if not, then pull one component at a time till the problem goes away.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Right turn signal lights are very dim and slow
Reply #2 - 10/25/15 at 20:39:01

The bulb and how it sits in the socket, it's not exactly elaborate. It's gotta be clean to pass current.
Not to be mean,, but as a teaching point. The logic behind replacing a battery , dropping that kinda money.. If you suspect your battery, take it to Wal-Mart, have it tested. It's free. And, they give them a physical. And charge them.
If a battery works the left side, then the right should work, too.
If it's not, then it's either a resistive connection in the power or ground. If it's a short, it's a rAre one, typically, shorts blow fuses, tho I have one in a pick-up that kills the battery in a few hours, I can pull a fuse and stop it, it doesn't blow the fuse..
First, pull the bulb. Inspect it and the socket. Check voltage in the socket, resistance from the lead center to any part of the base, that should read zero or very low ohms.
If you've got less than battery voltage in the socket, then check ,  by that,  I mean, pop them apart, look at the parts that  make electrical contact.
Yeah, you're gonna need a volt meter..and the link to the maintenance manual and then, just some time,,, understanding the hows and whys of mechanical and electrical stuff takes time. It's not magic, and, on paper, it's not hard to grasp the theory of electrical troubleshooting. Without the manual, chasing a problem through the wiring harness is a real hassle. Hopefully, it's just the bulb and socket.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:17:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Right turn signal lights are very dim and slow.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.