Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Facing your fears..... no really.... (Read 173 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Facing your fears..... no really....
10/07/15 at 19:33:02

Ok, some of ya'll know my story....
Stage III , walked the skinny fence...laughed at the guy in the dark robe holding the long sickle...... faced it, jumped off on the greener side.
But living with the consequences, loss of some functions.... still living with it.
And you can laugh if you want, but....... well, the intense radiation I went through caused degeneration of the bones, and left side of my face is numb, the radiation caused fillings to fall out of my teeth over the last two years, and I have yet to go to the dentist.
Yeah... they numb you up, and drill away, and bingo, new smile and you can chew again.
However, I have had bad experiences with military dental practitioners.
And sometimes I have crappy reactions to the numbing agents they use causing my heart rate to go haywire....
Also, if I cannot swallow I freak out, guess what happens with the numbing agent that squirts in your throat? yup... numbs your throat muscles.... and now, with my surgery for cancer (12 inch incision from ear to thorax) I have trouble swallowing.
Add that to the possibility of numbing agent in my throat...sigh....
I have finally faced the fact I need my missing fillings filled... and i'm putting my big boy panties on tomorrow.
Really, I can take a gun pointed into my face.... I can take people 200 yards away shooting at me, I can take scuds falling all around the compound I am in.... I can take a volcano erupting and earthquakes with ash fallout covering everything around... but going to the dentist?
It terrifies me..... safe environment.... friendly people... nice atmosphere... buxom nurses.....still... I feel like I am having a heart attack....
ROFL.... if i'm alive after tomorrow...(and this one is just the preliminary).
I'm riding the savage.... just in case I never get to ride it again. Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: Facing your fears..... no really....
Reply #1 - 10/07/15 at 19:56:42

Rider,

Have you ever tried Nitrous Oxide also known as "Laughing Gas"?

Most dentists have it and sometimes they charge extra for it, but many people find that it is the only way they can tolerate dental procedures.

Good Luck!

Kenny G

IP Logged
Drestakil

innocent bystander

Southern Illinois
Reply #2 - 10/07/15 at 20:10:59

When they get you in the chair, let them know that all they're getting is your name, rank, and serial number. Maybe they'll go easy on you.

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #3 - 10/07/15 at 21:37:47

hahahaha ... military dentists SUCK ... civilian dentists ain't much better ... good luck brother

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 10/07/15 at 22:12:36

Pffffffft!!!...  That can't stop you, Ol'Rider...

Bugs beware,...
Ol'Rider coming, with a bigger smile than ever...  Cool...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #5 - 10/07/15 at 22:42:53

Serobot, I laugh every time i see that picture. I ride 3/4 bucket and goggles ...  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 10/08/15 at 02:40:26

Fears of the body crapping out by slow degrees -- yep, I think we all have them.

Every time we get together I notice the year has again been rolling by on each of us, and we have been doing it long enough for the hair to go from colored to white now.

Except for MM that is -- which brings up a question we won't ask (as I used to but I quit when I decided to act my age).

< ha >

Zeb said an insightful thing on the way back from the hospital, I think it was the drugs talking mostly, but it was insightful.

"You know, somebody looks at you and they make a mental picture about who you are --- and it's so wrong."

I think Zeb was making a comment about who I am on the inside, which is about 25 years old and really not all that happy being trapped inside this fat old slowly failing body.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 10/08/15 at 12:14:24

Yeah, my wife says i'm the oldest 19 year old she has seen.....

I survived the "inspection"..... yeah!  so much stuff corroding away that he has to look over the xrays, 3/4 sheet of write-ups and his inspection to make a decision as to where to start first.

And what I can "afford" to have done right now.... yup, he actually said that... I think i'm going to be paying for a new wing for his building.  Undecided

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Ultimafuego

Just window shoping
with a brick.

Rome, GA
Reply #8 - 10/08/15 at 12:22:22

I hate military dentist. Any military medial really. I was Navy at NS Mayport. Just noticed you were in panhandle.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 10/08/15 at 12:25:32

old_rider wrote on 10/08/15 at 12:14:24:
And what I can "afford" to have done right now.... yup, he actually said that... I think i'm going to be paying for a new wing.............

What's that you said?  You're paying for his new GoldWing? Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 10/08/15 at 12:35:50

Ultimafuego wrote on 10/08/15 at 12:22:22:
I hate military dentist. Any military medial really. I was Navy at NS Mayport. Just noticed you were in panhandle.

Yeah, retired Air Force, was stationed at Eglin AFB early in my career, met my wife, and returned from Clark AFB Philippines to Hurlburt Field AFB (because the wife missed her family and I missed the atmosphere) and retired back in 2001.

We moved away and came back twice..... the wife said "enough moving"... so we are here for awhile (been 8yrs now), until we find our "retirement house".

Or if we an even afford it now.... LOL... I keep telling her we need to sell our house and buy an RV.... rent two units, one up north and one down south.... and do od jobs at each location for our " getting around money".

Travel north in nice weather, and south when it gets cold.... we call them "snow birds"... I want to be one Smiley

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 10/08/15 at 12:50:34

I have a friend who was a carpenter and ready to "semi-retire", and his wife was a school bus driver ready to do the same.  Their house was paid for.....and they didn't have many expenses.

They go work at National or State Parks.  He gets on the maintenance staff....she drives the Park shuttle bus.  They live in the staff housing, and get to work in some really nice places, and spend their off time hiking and exploring.  When they get tired of the area and want a change....they find a new park to work in.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #12 - 10/08/15 at 13:16:22

Dave wrote on 10/08/15 at 12:25:32:
old_rider wrote on 10/08/15 at 12:14:24:
And what I can "afford" to have done right now.... yup, he actually said that... I think i'm going to be paying for a new wing.............

What's that you said?  You're paying for his new GoldWing? Wink

Dentists ride Ducati   Wink. Good luck. I spent time last year having my first root canal. Took 3 dentists , well 2 "dentists" and 1 Dentist to get it right. Horrifying.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 10/08/15 at 18:15:58

Dave wrote on 10/08/15 at 12:50:34:
I have a friend who was a carpenter and ready to "semi-retire", and his wife was a school bus driver ready to do the same.  Their house was paid for.....and they didn't have many expenses.

They go work at National or State Parks.  He gets on the maintenance staff....she drives the Park shuttle bus.  They live in the staff housing, and get to work in some really nice places, and spend their off time hiking and exploring.  When they get tired of the area and want a change....they find a new park to work in.

Pure genius, absolutely eating the cake and having it, too.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #14 - 10/08/15 at 19:16:50

Dave wrote on 10/08/15 at 12:50:34:

They go to work at National or State Parks.  He gets on the maintenance staff....she drives the Park shuttle bus.  They live in the staff housing, and get to work in some really nice places, and spend their off time hiking and exploring.  When they get tired of the area and want a change....they find a new park to work in.

Now that would be a sweet gig! One day, one day ...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:21:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Facing your fears..... no really....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.