Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Politics, people, and computers.... (Read 32 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Politics, people, and computers....
10/05/15 at 11:02:04

Years ago, when the computer was really powerful at 32 gigs, and message boards were novel, I joined a fishing website that had a message board. One of the most active room was the political board....
Way more.
Banning and time outs were tool used frequently by the mods....

We decided to charter a large fishing boat for an overnight trip, to go, what else, fishing  Grin

For most, it was the first time to meet in person those who will carried on with in the Internet world.
Our group was about 50 fisherman, and you know what, politics was the furthest thing from anyone's mind....
We had a grand time and did it a few more times, but the first one (charter) was always the best.

It kind of drives home the point we have way, way, way more in common than not, and it's our natural instinct to get along, as opposed to divide.

Just thought I would share this with you all  Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: Politics, people, and computers....
Reply #1 - 10/05/15 at 12:17:59

People are much more combative on the telephone, on the keyboard, or in their car. It has something to do with thinking that they are "anonymous", i.e. "no one knows who I am, therefore I don't have to take responsibility for my words or actions."   Please note that the younger generations are taking this to a whole new level by blaming any, and all, failures on some one else... ( I firmly believe that they are emulating the politicians and corporate bureaucrats in this failure to accept any and all reasonability for failure. )    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 10/05/15 at 12:50:50

Well I am old enuff to remember when drugs became an option, instead of the negative connotation and scorn it held prior.
Your first hits were free, got you to join the thinking, and the. They lowered the boom and noose, but by then many were hooked or acquired a very bad habit that would only drain you and enrich them....
Nothing has changed, just spread a wider net is all!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 10/07/15 at 17:52:49

You can say anything you want behind a keyboard and there are no repercussions. At least, that's the current thinking.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:19:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Politics, people, and computers....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.