Send Topic Print
swingarm (Read 206 times)
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

swingarm
09/27/15 at 14:17:57

Can anyone tell me if swingarms are interchangeable for all years. If not what years fit what years. Thank you

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: swingarm
Reply #1 - 09/27/15 at 14:25:18

they should be all interchangeable.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/27/15 at 14:40:31

You got a messed up swingarm?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/27/15 at 15:54:14

No I don't have a bad swingarm I have a trike and I am thinking of building a few more trike swingarms. I just wondered if they would bolt up to all years.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 09/27/15 at 18:36:13

Well, cool,, seriously, cool..
And, now that you've got our attention, maybe post a pic, or three?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 09/28/15 at 04:35:54

Don met us at Deals Gap for the Tail of the Dragon fall event.

These photos are copied from Page 10 of that thread.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/28/15 at 09:05:29

thanks Dave, I still can't post pics. You know what they say no pics.- It didn't happen.

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #7 - 09/28/15 at 09:31:29

Wow, there are a million things I can say about that trike.  I absolutely love it!  That's a bad ass looking bumble bee!

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/28/15 at 10:49:49

Can't see Exactly, but I'm thinking the rear tire is still there and driving it. The gizmo on the brace, looks kinda like a pump of sorts, now, laugh if you have to, but, IF the rear wheels are really just outriggers with brakes, and some way cool wheels,by the way, very nice setup,
But, can you jack them up and let the bike lean into a corner some?
I see switches and gizmos,, Just how tricked out is that thing?
The master cylinder for the rear is a given..
I admit, I've never been a big fan of trikes or sidebars, but I'm digging that one.

Wow, I just had an idea,

IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #9 - 09/28/15 at 11:00:52

The motor behind the seat appears to be an adjustment for the rear backrest....to make it move in and out on a leadscrew. Brilliant!

No rear tire that I can see...i think that black thinghy you see is the transaxle. Looks way too far away from the rear fender to be a drive tire....unless he wet down to like a 14" wheel.

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/28/15 at 11:18:29

I did see and consider the backrest, I'm on a kindle, pictures are small, and, I'm gonna go with you on it.. I kinda thought so, but, I was hoping for a more extreme bit of gizmology. And, yes that's brilliant, concept and parts sourcing, is that a kit or is that a backrest, modified to slide on rails with a screw drive?
I'm in the process of repurposing the motor from a hospital bed and a mAnual jack screw from the same bed to build a hoist to lift a  camper shell for a friend.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 09/28/15 at 11:18:42

Don can elaborate more - but the original rear wheel is gone and each of the two rear wheels are drive wheels - there is a differential in the middle under that black cover.  The stock Suzuki drive belt and rear pulley was used.  Each rear wheel has a brake disc and caliper.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 09/28/15 at 11:29:25

Wow,  that's some engineering,, and it looks good. Not all Frank Enstein.

IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/28/15 at 11:41:20

Hi Justin   This is a true trike. I am 72 years old and badly crippled so I had to build this trike just for me. The switches you see control the backrest and trunk so I can get on and off. The passenger floorboards are also so I can get on. There is also a master switch you can't see to control the 18 amp. aux. System. Another mod. just for me is the left floorboard it is mounted on a Pivot and to shift I just rock the floorboard. These bikes makes a fine light trike.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 09/28/15 at 12:06:17

Sir, you're seventy two. Still out, riding. I'm happy for you, impressed by you. If you built that, well. I build stuff, and I know what it takes to make something work, and what it takes to make it work, and look good. That is a treasure, to anyone who understands what it takes to build something. Very cleverly done.
What did you do when you were making a living every day? I see electrical, welding, design, several Trades are represented.
Master Gizmologist.
Is there a write up on here somewhere?
The rear end design has just gotta be something, using the belt and pulley,

I've sure looked at the axle on the back of the wifes all wheel drive Rogue. Driveline in is about like my thumb.. I've got a Kawasaki W650,, and I been thinking...

ETA

Eighteen Amp, I didn't think our electrical system would support that kinda draw. You got a battery in one of those saddlebags?
Point the speakers back, kick it in neutral, turn it up to 11 and cruise?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 03:29:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › swingarm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.