Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some Different Questions... (Read 135 times)
Netroxen
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki bei Tag,
Savage bei Nacht.

Bayern, Germany
Some Different Questions...
09/17/15 at 05:39:23

1) Is it ok to paint the rear drum brake with a rattle can? I want to use some gloss black automotive spray but I'm worried that it's a high temp component..?

2) Can anyone recommend me an inexpensive muffler that's TÜV verified here in Germany?

3) Can you also recommend a side mounted number plate bracket that's also road legal and inexpensive...

4) Is it difficult to remove the speedometer from the fuel tank? I also want to spray this...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Some Different Questions...
Reply #1 - 09/17/15 at 06:51:28

Several folks have painted or powder coated the brake drum.  The heat only becomes a problem if you somehow overtighten the cable and ride with the brake rubbing the entire time.......it turns the stock clear coat a golden color.

I don't know about your TUV - but the Harley Dyna muffler is an ideal muffler for the bike.  If you can find one in your area, I would imagine it would have the necessary wording stamped in it to satisfy the TUV....as it must have been legal on the Harley.  The only issue you might get into is if someone is smart enough to recognize a Harley muffler on a Suzuki.

If you are talking about taking the speedo out temporarily while you paint, it is easy as it only requires taking off a couple of screws that are accessed from below.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #2 - 09/17/15 at 07:49:39

Isn't the German MC license plate huge. IIRC it's like 10x6 or sonething. Almost as big as a US car plate. Best thing to check would be ebay.

I don't know what shipping would be but if you send me the exact dimensions of the plate including measurements from edge to edge and center of mount hole to center of mount holes I could make you one. I'll send it for just the cost of shipping. That very well may be more though than just buying one off of your eBay though.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Netroxen
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki bei Tag,
Savage bei Nacht.

Bayern, Germany
Reply #3 - 09/17/15 at 14:01:29

Rylee wrote on 09/17/15 at 07:49:39:
Isn't the German MC license plate huge. IIRC it's like 10x6 or sonething. Almost as big as a US car plate. Best thing to check would be ebay.

I don't know what shipping would be but if you send me the exact dimensions of the plate including measurements from edge to edge and center of mount hole to center of mount holes I could make you one. I'll send it for just the cost of shipping. That very well may be more though than just buying one off of your eBay though.

That's very kind of you but unfortunately here in Germany it's not allowed to use components which aren't E-Marked or TÜV certified. They test the metal/material under stress before it's verified for road usage. That is, if your bike is pre 1986 then you're allowed to do what you want.

If it was so, I have access to a metal working station and would have just made a simple bracket, however it's not allowed. Stupid I know, makes custom bikes severely expensive here...

As for the Harley muffler, if it sounds good then that's all that matters... And yes, they are marked as road legal, but at a much higher price since we have separatly stamped european versions which can be checked under inspection. So a Harley Dyna is about €250 here. Pricey...

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #4 - 09/17/15 at 14:59:31

What about breaker's yards, etc. to locate a suitable muffler?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Netroxen
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki bei Tag,
Savage bei Nacht.

Bayern, Germany
Reply #5 - 09/17/15 at 16:37:46

That's not a bad idea... I'll have to have a look for one...

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 09/17/15 at 20:07:59

Just food for thought...

If the authorities are checking...

My Dyna says something about it being illegal on any vehicle not specifically listed by the original manufacturer to use that muffler. Maybe your testing agency won't care.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #7 - 09/17/15 at 23:02:01

Kris01 wrote on 09/17/15 at 20:07:59:
Just food for thought...

My Dyna says something about it being illegal on any vehicle not specifically listed by the original manufacturer to use that muffler. Maybe your testing agency won't care.

das ouspoof ist ferbotten!!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 09/18/15 at 03:38:36

Kris01 wrote on 09/17/15 at 20:07:59:

My Dyna says something about it being illegal on any vehicle not specifically listed by the original manufacturer to use that muffler.

Das nicht for der fingerpoken nor der mittengrabben!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #9 - 09/18/15 at 04:55:13

ACHTUNG!  ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!  
Das motormachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.  Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.  Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen.
Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das spinzengearish.

OK.. not an exact quote, but at least more complete!  Tongue

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 09/18/15 at 06:58:27

Youzguys.

Thanks for posting more of the quote......... I only speak a little bit of German. Huh

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #11 - 09/18/15 at 07:05:41

Dave wrote on 09/18/15 at 06:58:27:
Thanks for posting more of the quote......... I only speak a little bit of German. Huh

which is more than I speak!  I'm sure Nitroxen is starting to think we are a bunch of loons..

"Suzuki by Day, Savage by Night"..  nice!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #12 - 09/18/15 at 17:50:07

I'm just picturing Sgt. Schultz

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 11:12:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Some Different Questions...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.