Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Instrument cluster noise fix, simplified (Read 38 times)
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Instrument cluster noise fix, simplified
08/28/15 at 22:45:53

I had the tank off my recently acquired '07 S40 to lube the speedo cable, clean wiring connectors, wipe the gunk off the frame, wiring & etc., and fix a newly present instrument cluster vibration/squeak.

I didn't even bother to take apart the spring / post mountings. That noise comes from the spring loaded mounting posts rubbing on the tangs on the tank right there at the rear of the speedo housing. I just put some  grease on a toothbrush and rubbed it thru the springs onto the posts, then put a drop of oil into the springs to keep things soft. Took 60 seconds. Noise is gone.

Heck, if the noise comes back it's nothing to re-lube and go on.

I pass this on in keeping with the Keep It Simple Stupid ethos of this fine list. Why do anything we don't need to do?  Wink

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Instrument cluster noise fix, simplified
Reply #1 - 08/29/15 at 07:12:01

Gee, I only spent half a day on mine,,good goin ,dude, maybe it'll last, shouldn't get washed away up under there.
I used the self adhesive  foam rubber, black, tape that comes with a window unit A.C., carefully cut to fit between tank top and cluster. Looked factory.
I don't uhmember doing anything about the springs and stuff underneath..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:35:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Instrument cluster noise fix, simplified

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.