im back to under my desk.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Just a gentle reminder
Reply #1 - 08/28/15 at 17:20:58

He's not to the center, he's near parked cars, put yourself in the driver's mind, he's only really visible after the car is moving into the road,he's in shade,
Yeah, he slowed down, but his lane position made him hard to see.
Driver would have gotten the ticket, but he was not riding smart.
If he wanted to sneak up on the intersection, he was almost far enough to the curb to do it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 08/28/15 at 17:33:45

Eh...  Looks normal to me.

I like that you went behind instead of trying to slip past in front of him.
Not to mention that if you had went to the left you would have nailed him broadside.

WWW   IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #3 - 08/28/15 at 19:34:06

Im in the center of my lane having turned left out of a gas station 18 seconds before that car comes on screen behind the parked white pickup (checked the tape) camera is hanging off my right turn signal and its a dual 120 degree lens so wide things look narrow in its fov, skid mark even shows middle of lane. i stopped on my way home later to take that pic. Driver has fully tinted windows, ( not legal in nys ) so i can say yea it might have been hard to see me coming through the tree shadow, but 2 strobeing 1200 lumen 12 watt side running lamps and a 1600 lumen 18 watt headlight should have been plenty. They didn't stop or slow or anything even after the squeal/horn noise either, just kept going down the road the other way. Eh, i'm good, bikes good, so its not something to argue about but i don't feel that i was riding in an unsafe/smart manner at all. Could i have been more middle of the road, yes, should i have been, i don't think i needed to be.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/28/15 at 20:31:20

Did you sit at the stop sign and look past the parked cars to see how far up you could see the middle of, not the left tire, track, part of the lane?
You can be right, and still get hurt. I Pulled out from a stop, nearly hit a guy.
I followed him home. I apologized, calmed him down and asked if that had happened before.
Yeah, happens all the time, right there... and cussed the ignorant cagers.
Then I pointed out that he was close to the curb and there were plants blocking the drivers view. He could see the front of the cars,,, but the drivers couldn't see him, till they started pulling out.
If I wonder if I'm seen, I'm gonna Do something, I'll change lane position, flick high beams.. It doesn't matter if they Should have seen me. I'm determined to be seen. If that happened to me I'd have to go sit at that stop sign with my head where a drivers head would be, stopped behind the line, height as close to the same. Consider where the cars were.
What would have they seen if your headlight had been two feet from centerline? Figure the angles,  That's where people look, down the line, looking for a bumper.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #5 - 08/29/15 at 08:56:02

Had the same thing happen to me last night. It was dark but the road was not busy so a single headlight moving down the road should've been a clue not to pull out. It wasn't a close call but it could've been. Thankfully it was only a 30 mph road.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:26:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just a gentle reminder

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.