Send Topic Print
mufflers (Read 183 times)
98savagebob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

mufflers
08/22/15 at 05:26:05

I'm looking for a good muffler thats a bit on the loud side any suggestions? yes i have used the search bar but haven't came up with much info thanks in advance

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: mufflers
Reply #1 - 08/22/15 at 07:42:48

This, is a link...->Harley Muffler Guide  Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 08/22/15 at 19:48:00

The Harley mufflers are not really loud (IMO), just loudER than stock.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #3 - 08/22/15 at 22:11:37

Id like to know as well. Mine is drilled out quite a bit and I can still hear myself think when i get on it or ride past cars and buildings. So it needs to be louder.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 08/22/15 at 22:21:05

bout 8 years ago LANCER had some hard chrome slash cuts muffs
I got one and love it
my  fellow patriot guard riders don't like riding behind me
most of them are hardly davids son riders
the sound doesn't bother me caue im in front of it!
and im jamming to tunes anyway

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 08/23/15 at 03:58:31

thumperclone wrote on 08/22/15 at 22:21:05:
My  fellow Patriot Guard riders don't like riding behind me most of them are hardly davids son riders.  The sound doesn't bother me cause I'm in front of it! And I'm jamming to tunes anyway

So you think it is OK to be so loud that folks don't like riding with you? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/23/15 at 09:35:15

So, the tunes block out the noise,,  
I Pulled up next to a guy, stereo so loud the body panels were rattling, I could see the deck lid vibrating... so, I wound it up, put a heel on the sidestand and backfired it big...
This guy was such an idiot, he wore EAR PLUGS, so HE could impress the world with his stereo, , I worry about our world.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #7 - 08/23/15 at 09:52:17

That's truly sad!

I read once that in Brazil cell phones were considered a luxury (unlike here where a 3 year old probably has an iphone). In order to impress people (if you couldn't afford a phone), people were holding painted blocks of wood to their head. It's illegal to talk on a phone and drive so the cops were stopping people with wood held up to their head.  Huh

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 08/23/15 at 13:06:19

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
98savagebob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/23/15 at 13:59:20

thank you everyone for the replies. thank you serowbot for the link i currently have a straight pipe on my bike and the guy in the video was right mid range rpms suck lol does anybody have a part # for the dyna muffler?

IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #10 - 08/23/15 at 16:12:25

I got 2 Dyna's from my local HD dealer....HD P/N 65747-94. They are considered throw-aways when someone comes in for a custom exhaust system.

I havent installed it yet, but everyone here that has used the Dyna seems to like it. Since a new stock muffler is $100 or so, and aftermarket "loud" pipes can reach up to double that...the Dyna is a steal at about $30-50 each (gently used).

A quick Ebay search found this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-2001-Dyna-FXD-Factory-Tapered-Muffler...

PS- Dave, I literally choked on my coffee because that video made me laugh so hard. +1

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
98savagebob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/23/15 at 17:06:09

thank you Boogie_with_Stu will those just slide right into the stock header? or will i need some kind of adapter?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 08/23/15 at 18:34:03

In order to impress people (if you couldn't afford a phone), people were holding painted blocks of wood to their head.

If I can convince you I'm okay, then I'm okay.
That's a sad commentary on what people are.
Finally, I understand Blockhead.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rolavine
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/24/15 at 14:15:52

Boogie_with_Stu wrote on 08/23/15 at 16:12:25:
I got 2 Dyna's from my local HD dealer....HD P/N 65747-94. They are considered throw-aways when someone comes in for a custom exhaust system.

I havent installed it yet, but everyone here that has used the Dyna seems to like it. Since a new stock muffler is $100 or so, and aftermarket "loud" pipes can reach up to double that...the Dyna is a steal at about $30-50 each (gently used).

A quick Ebay search found this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-2001-Dyna-FXD-Factory-Tapered-Muffler...

PS- Dave, I literally choked on my coffee because that video made me laugh so hard. +1

I just replaced the Jardine that came on my bike with a dyna I got off of craigslist. I can't thank the folks that recommended this mod, and perfected the tin can gasket, enough, I did the whole swap in less than an hour, and yes, I even wore gloves for the can mutilation. I took the bike for a nice 40 mile rural ride on curvy roads, and my bike ran well enough that I can't imagine it working any better. The Jardine was way too noisy so I packed it with fiberglass, but the bike with the Dyna is about as quiet, with a much lower growl, an actual pleasing growl. In addition the valve noise is not as pronounced as it was, and the thing is now sounding more like a motorcycle, and less like the Briggs and Strattons I've been forced to push for much of my life.

Thanks again you amazing cleaver fellow that figured this out. I was thinking of getting rid of the bike to get something better, but with this mod, it is 'something better'. Of course, I never experienced the stock exhaust, so I may be over praising the situation, but amen, hallelujah, I'm a born again savage!

I keep feeling that joy of riding a living anachronism, like I'm connected to the past when motorcycles were less comfortable, shook a bit, and the owner could actually fix them without taking life off!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:31:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › mufflers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.