Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Riding in the rain? (Read 319 times)
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Re: Riding in the rain?
Reply #30 - 08/18/15 at 08:22:23

Dave wrote on 08/18/15 at 08:14:04:
I believe we are talking about a stock Savage tires.  

He said he was on his CB250 Nighthawk.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 08/18/15 at 09:21:36

Boogie_with_Stu wrote on 08/08/15 at 20:05:19:
...I drove a bike in the rain for the very first time last night. I didnt plan it that way...it was cloudy all day but no rain, the doppler radar in my riding area showed ZERO rain for 150 miles and a 5% chance of any precip at all in my area(I use the Raleigh RDU Aviation weather forecast instead of my local "news" weather). I took the Honda Nighthawk out for a ride at about 11PM like I do most every night when the weather is good. I do roughly 40-50 miles for practice and relaxation.

I got 22 miles from home when it just started raining. Not a downpour mind you, but it was a light steady rain. I am not embarrassed to admit I was a bit concerned.

PS  Can anyone recommend a "sticky" tire brand for me? I'm not worried so much about longevity....I'll likely do less than 1,000 miles a year on any bike I own. A sticky tire with a nice side tread would make me feel a lot better.

Well somehow forgot that after 2 pages of discussion.  He was on the Nighthawk in his first rain riding, and he wants tire recommendations.

But for which bike?
I seriously doubt that anybody makes a tire in the sizes for both a Nighthawk and a Savage!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #32 - 08/18/15 at 19:20:50

Grin

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 21:25:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding in the rain?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.