Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What's changed......???? (Read 254 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
What's changed......????
07/31/15 at 21:10:17

Gee, just think if Woody and Bernie wrote a journalistic piece today based on nothing more than what a "deep voice" told them....

You would have all sorts of folks yelling hearsay, rumors, or politically motivated and disingenuous at best, and ignore it, huh.

Golly, can you imagine if G.Gordie, Mitchell, and company had said, I did nothing wrong, this is a vast left wing conspiracy and I am taking the fifth....

That alone would be enough evidence to string em' up, yes siree....

My, how times have changed.....   Grin  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What's changed......????
Reply #1 - 08/01/15 at 05:48:46

I'll tell you whats changed; Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Matt Drudge probably in that order.

They took away the monopoly the political left had on the media and their ability to singlehandly decide who got "the treatment" and who didn't.

Without Rush paving the way for alternative news sources, Fox News wouldnt exsist and the Abc, Cbs ans Nbc networks would continue their left wing slant to everything.

If Woody and Bernie had gone after JFK or LBJ with equally darning evidence, they would have found no paper to back them.

No one would know the name Monica without Matt Drudge. He should be treated with Sainthood just like Berrnie and Woody are.

You think you would have heard anything different about Bengazi and a YouTube movie without the influence of Rush, Fox and Drudge?

Yea, bring on the Rush and Fox news haters, but you created them by allowing yourselves to be fooled by the Walter Cronkite's of the "news" world...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/01/15 at 07:50:43

Telling you what you want to hear,.. is not reporting news...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 08/01/15 at 08:15:43

Yeah, what you say has definitely altered the playing field, that is a fact.
I can remember attempts, tho not a SF judge issuing a restraining order to silence, but even democrat presidents using their pulpit to try and discredit those you refer to.

I have a good libby at work, he asked me just yesterday, what I thought of the scouts allowing Gays to be leaders now, I said I have no problem with it.
I said I also have no problem with a devout christian being a leader....
He said, so you wouldn't care then if the gay leader showed them pictures/taught them about gay sex....????

I said, What does that mean?

He wasn't able to answer.

I again asked if that meant he was saying that gay people recruit?

He said he didn't mean that but still could not explain what he meant....

Its odd how so many on the left believe according to what some higher ups set as the belief, or platform I guess.

They claim they are for gender equality and race, but if your a conservative minority or woman, you will get no help from them, so it seems liberalism trumps, and they will discard their beliefs if that criteria is not first met....

I guess their "belief" is much akin to those of religious faith....
You can not "prove it" in a sense, like a mathematical formula or science, but it is the foundation of how their mind processes life.
If it challenges their "belief" they attack it as threat to their peace of mind and way of life.....
Kind of like how the radicals use the muslim faith to justify the current violence they practise, and how christians did in the crusades, and even more recently, tho on a much smaller scale, a few rogue believers bombed/killed abortion clinics.

As a believer of god I welcome any comers to challenge my faith, it makes me stronger, as the oven hardens steel.
I don't need the president to end a speech with God bless america, or do I need to swear it in a pledge of allegiance to our union, nor have it written on our currency....
I know others of faith will argue I am wrong, while those who don't believe will agree I am right and "open-minded" just like they are, well, except until I disagree with them on something they believe, then just as a conservative black woman, I will be abandoned in their arguments that they are for me....haha  Grin

Food, shelter, companionship (love), it is the three elements that all folks need, everyone of us. Without those three you will live with a need, and spend a lot of energy trying to achieve the balance.....
When in harmony (with your needs) life is sustainable on its own.
Of course the balance is always changing, sorta like when a nasty storm of winter approaches, it is wise to shore up your shelter so it will provide your "needs" as it visits your life with influences....
You can try and hire a contractor to do the work, but if he does not live up to your expectations of doing the job right, you might very well get resentful, and oh no, now this energy/emotion will spill into the realm of one of our other needs, love ( companionship ).

Oh well, I enjoy the banter, it reveals to me myself, offering scrutiny and test.
However, I must attend to the three basics now, as I ready my boat for my wife and I to go catch some crabs....

I bestow peace, love, munchies, and a toasty abode  ( or cool if you live in hell )  to all    Kiss

edit: IF YOU DARE.....ask yourself this question, "How do I feel, what do I feel, when opposing beliefs are offered to mine?"

If you are satisfied with your answer, then you are living a sustainable life, if not, if your answer reveals to you a need, remember, we (all of us) lie the loudest, when we lie to ourselves, then you best get to work, a storm is approaching  Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/02/15 at 04:41:12

Serowbot wrote on 08/01/15 at 07:50:43:
Telling you what you want to hear,.. is not reporting news...

You mean what Brian Williams told you for years? Chris Christi was completley cleared of the bridge debacle yet I heard Fallon tell yet another joke and Scott Pelley of CBS refer to it the other night. Dan Rather? The guy who tried to sabotage a presidential race? Walter Cronkite who told the nation we lost battles in Vietnam we hadn't?

You mean those guys who told YOU what you wanted to hear? You let these guys feed you left wing drivel for years with no complains cause it fit your needs.

You created Rush, Beck, O'Reilly and Fox News and for that, I thank you!

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #5 - 08/02/15 at 07:14:22

Naw..   This country isn't polarized.   People with different view points listen respectfully to one another. The "news" really is honest reporting of fact and not political propaganda. The citizens are NOT interested to the point obsession in the goings on of a group of narcissistic "celebrities" who's only talent is their hedonistic life style.  And our Government officials would not lie to the public, neither cheat them, nor try to cover such possible wrongdoings by claiming "a risk to national defense"      And I have a bridge for sale, cheap.  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/02/15 at 08:30:29

Yes Old Indian..... I believe narcissism is epidemic today, the symptoms prevalent, except to those who live under its influences.
Deep within the person I believe the narcissistic individual (except in the most extreme cases) of this mental illness,  must have some sort of recognition that what they believe/feel is NOT sustainable (or right) and then turn their consciousness toward shoring up that deficit of self by actions and deeds that only add further to their decay, instead of accepting the truth of themselves and finding cure.....
A great example of repair, to a person who can be honest with themselves and admit their needs, is the 12 step program.

Can anyone really argue against the success of it?

If you can, I think that is a tip off, and I would venture to say they might look a little closer at what the 12 steps are, and how it works.....

I see a vague link to our narcissistic culture and capitalism, or more to point, our love affair with money and the "promises" of wealth, as a repair, to all that ills us.  

In a nutshell, we, as a society as a whole, have sold our mortal souls to money, and use it to gauge success in our lives.
We teach it in our schools, as in you must go into great debt, to be able to get a degree, that will promise you great income (wealth).....

Media.....

Legal.....

Sports/entertainment.....

Even in organized religion, and in mental healthcare, where "hope" might be found, they too are beholden to the trappings of wealth being the gauge that measures their success.....
So social, and political engines, can justify supporting those efforts as a just cause.

What can be prescribed to fix this mess?

Is this what Huey meant?

I want a new drug
One that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick

I want a new drug
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do?
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

I want a new drug
One that won't spill
One that don't cost too much
Or come in a pill

I want a new drug
One that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day

Wondering what to do?
I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you baby

I want a new drug
One that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good

I want a new drug
One with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much
Or make my face break out

Wondering what to do?
I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you yea yea

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 08/02/15 at 08:45:17

That explains Donald Trump...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 08/02/15 at 13:31:33

Serowbot wrote on 08/02/15 at 08:45:17:
That explains Donald Trump...

Text book.......  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 08/02/15 at 15:36:38

I HEAR Trump, but he supported Hillary, I'm not typing all those questions again. My money is still on her.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 08/02/15 at 16:39:03

“ … My, how times have changed… "

My take on ‘why’.,

40 years ago, when I was late teens. and started to pay attention.
Local, government, was, ‘Still', run by the Citizens of that locality.
Sure their was, 'corruption’, of one sort or another.
(Always has been, and always will be.)
But it was, ‘contained’, to a degree,
by the Citizens of that, local community, when things got out of hand.

Just a couple of cases in point:

The Mayor, owned a totally worthless piece of land,
He convinced the Counsel, and it was, ’traded’, for a highly desirable piece of land,
(which was the towns, ’skating rink’) Which he then built a very nice house on.
Their was no, P.C. Crap, the gloves came off.
And the Citizens, Promptly, had a New Mayor the next year.

Several years later, a Mayor, convinced the Counsel, to spend, $100,000.00, on NEW,
Streets for the town.  “Tree Sap”, (Yep, Tree Sap & Gravel, were the binding substance).
The streets were Tar, and yes, they needed resurfacing. Everyone was prepared that new streets were necessary, BUT very wary, about, ’Tree Sap’, Streets. but were told Over and Over and Over, “That is Good”.  Well the work went on, everyone endured the mess, and the, ’Tree Sap’ streets, last, LESS, than One Year. Until they were 100 times WORSE, than the old Tar. Next year, ( At ANOTHER $100,000.00 Cost), the Streets, became, Tar again.
That Mayor, Resigned. And a new one was voted in.

Couple of years Later, The County Commissioners, ’Traded’,  One Block of land, in a Down Town area, for 3 times the Land, in a  Flood Plain, area.  The ‘old’ ,very historic, very solid, 3 story, ‘Courthouse’, was tore down,  and the County build a ’New’ Courthouse, on the Flood Plain, area, which, (can you GUESS),  FLOODED, the next year. (Their were Carp SWIMMING, Waste deep, in the main corridors).  So now, The county Spent the Taxpayer Money, in building a, Birm, at 2x’s the cost of the Courthouse!
Within 3 years, ALL, FIVE, Commissioners, were Replaced

Now these happenings, are Not, exclusive to my area/county.  Things like this have happened, ALL OVER, the USA.

People, “Used to”, NOTICE, that the People, they, ‘Hired’, to do the things they don’t do, because they are Busy making money to support , and have quality time, with their family.  The People, NOTICED, Were Aware, the, ‘Job’, the elected people, They Hired, were NOT doing their Job. And those people, were, ‘Summarily Dealt’, with !

And who, took note of that?  
The Liars, Cheats, and Dishonest people.

They modified, changed, Made More T.V., More Pizza, available. Made it Harder to earn a wage to support the family. Raised the ’taxes’, (so more, bigger, better, Kick Backs).

And the, ‘Citizens’, became more, ’numb’, to what was going on. They did Less and Less. Because it became, harder and harder. And the, ‘politician’, took more notes.  (And those notes said;  “This Works”).

Now, ‘Politician’, is a dirty word’.
Even though, ‘WE’ Hire them, ‘WE’ pay their wages, (they do NOT pay ours)
The Citizens are so, ‘numb’, they do NOTHING, about it !

This did NOT, happen, overnight, it took a long time.
It will take a long time, to get things back.
If,  IF,  the Citizens,  ‘Put Down the Pizza, and turn Off the T.V.’,
Pay Attention, and Get involved.
And start at the, ‘local’, and work up.

Remind the people, who, ‘YOU’, pay, to do a job,
That if they do NOT, do that Job, they will get FIRED.

Ah, but their is the cheep, Pizza, and T.V. Re-Runs on tonight.
And their is some Beer in the Fridge.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 08/02/15 at 20:29:36

When I was a kid it seemed everyone believed that the majority of the people who sought office were altruistic, intelligent and moral.
Anyone still believing that is naive. Are there any now? I'm not believing it.
None I can name.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 08/03/15 at 16:05:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/02/15 at 20:29:36:
When I was a kid it seemed everyone believed that the majority of the people who sought office were altruistic, intelligent and moral.
Anyone still believing that is naive. Are there any now? I'm not believing it.
None I can name.

I look back to when I was young and I think to myself:
-  Was everything we've been taught a falsehood?
-  Did everything change that much?
-  Do I look back and try to remember what I wish it was supposed to be like?

I really would like to hear what you have to say, so please feel free to interject.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 08/03/15 at 16:27:58

the Greenspan thread is a start. I've spelled it out countless times. I just don't have it in me again. Not today, anyway.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #14 - 08/03/15 at 18:06:45

When I was young, I was convinced that the 'policeman is your friend'

That was a shock!

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 17:24:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What's changed......????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.