Send Topic Print
Risers (Read 129 times)
Daviddoesntgaf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Risers
07/29/15 at 10:31:24

Does anyone manufactor risers that are straight bolt on for our bikes?
Also, are there very many changes over the years to these bikes because it doesn't seem much like it.

And a picture of what I just bought
1988 with 14,7xx miles

image_306.jpg
  IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Re: Risers
Reply #1 - 07/29/15 at 12:54:07

Check this post

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1437502105

There is a reference to using deep well sockets and longer bolts as an easy solution.

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
Future: Repaint / Sportster Seat / Breaklight
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #2 - 07/29/15 at 15:38:20

I'm not sure but I seem to remember the nuts and bolts are metric fine thread as standard.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #3 - 07/29/15 at 19:39:00

Finding risers that have the correct 10mm thread on the bottom will be a chore. After long and exhaustive searches on Amazon, Ebay and online motorcycle shops...I have only found 2 with the right pattern (and they were butt ugly).

If you are handy with tools, you can get any riser you want with the standard american 1/2 in thread and just bore out the holes on the tree/dress washers. If you have 3 left hands like me, perhaps riser extensions are a better way to go. You will need new (longer) bolts, but they are readily available.

The EASIEST way to raise the bars is with one of these (not cheap though...at about $80)

Rox.JPG

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #4 - 07/29/15 at 19:47:08

Nice bike btw Cool  ....and welcome to the Savage forums!

You are correct in assuming that very few changes have been made to the bike over the years. Starting in 2005, the bike was re-named the S40 Boulevard and the handlebars changed (along with the seat, fender, and a few small items).

So far as I know (and I'm NO expert by any means), virtually no changes were made to the bike from '86 to 2004. All of the mechanical parts should be interchangeable. Electrical?.....not sure.

You will find that this community has more knowledge about the Savage than you can find anywhere else in the world. If you need info, ask. Just a hint...the "search" function is set to "2 weeks" by default. Searching without changing that will yield you nada. Change the search time frame to at least 6 months.

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 07/31/15 at 07:37:14

Boogie_with_Stu wrote on 07/29/15 at 19:47:08:
Nice bike btw Cool  ....and welcome to the Savage forums!

You are correct in assuming that very few changes have been made to the bike over the years. Starting in 2005, the bike was re-named the S40 Boulevard and the handlebars changed (along with the seat, fender, and a few small items).

So far as I know (and I'm NO expert by any means), virtually no changes were made to the bike from '86 to 2004. All of the mechanical parts should be interchangeable. Electrical?.....not sure. 4 speed transmission 86-? Bike was not available in the USA for about 8 years, believe it went away in 88 and came back in 96. Was available rest of the globe those years. The ignition system is generation specific. See the tech section.

You will find that this community has more knowledge about the Savage than you can find anywhere else in the world. If you need info, ask. Just a hint...the "search" function is set to "2 weeks" by default. Searching without changing that will yield you nada. Change the search time frame to at least 6 months.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #6 - 07/31/15 at 09:26:55

My bad WD, the "86" was a typo...should have been "96" Undecided

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #7 - 07/31/15 at 09:36:44

There are adapter bolts available to go from 10mm to 1/2" which allows you to use more common HD style risers.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #8 - 07/31/15 at 13:43:01

These studs allow almost all risers to be used from$30.00 up:  part # SW001
http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partsstuds.htm/SID=PUT_SID_HERE
metric 10 mm on bottom, sae 1/2" on top Cool

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 08/02/15 at 04:57:24

I've got some risers; will take photos later today and post them.

IP Logged
Daviddoesntgaf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/02/15 at 11:11:15

Thanks for all the info everyone, trying to decide on how I want to spend my money or try to make my own..

Lancer are your risers for sale?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:31:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Risers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.