Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Apaches in a fight for Oak Flat (Read 116 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Apaches in a fight for Oak Flat
07/22/15 at 21:34:01

At the tail end of 2014, just before the must-pass National Defense Authorization Act was going to be voted on, Arizona Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake slipped in a rider that in effect gave public land containing the sacred Apache site Oak Flat to a copper-mining company.
Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/05/29/oak-flat-apache-land-gra...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/17/apache-tribe-oak-flat-new-york-t...

WWW   IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: Apaches in a fight for Oak Flat
Reply #1 - 07/22/15 at 21:53:37

Not surprising...McCain and Flake were trying to get treaty water rights from the Navajo recently.  
Example of the word "oxymoron" = honest politician.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/22/15 at 21:54:22

More heroism..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/23/15 at 05:03:41

i dont know.......seems like out west, if you spit it lands on some obscure "tribe's" sacred land.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/23/15 at 05:20:00

To the best of my knowledge, there is no tribal land Not owned by treaty.
Trying to steal from them is not okay. Ill bet you'd holler if they screwed you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/23/15 at 06:28:18

if I had a magic wand, I'd wave it and get rid of all tribal lands, reservations, whatever you want to call it.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #6 - 07/23/15 at 07:41:48

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/15 at 06:28:18:
if I had a magic wand, I'd wave it and get rid of all tribal lands, reservations, whatever you want to call it.

That raises the same reaction I had to the yuppie twit who said.
[/color]" While you were in Vietnam putting your buddies in body bags, I was getting laid by burning my draft card at peace rallies...."[color=#ff0000]   Angry  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 07/23/15 at 10:09:41

The white man has a magic wand, he waved it and the buffalo were nearly driven to extinction.  
Then he drove the indian onto worthless piece osh!t lands and call them reservations, now you want them back.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 07/23/15 at 10:37:17

Better hope that wand doesn't land in the hands of an Indian, and if it did, they'd be right to evaporate us. IMHO, if wrongs can be measured, they have a bigger complaint than anyone else.
Trail of Tears
Look it up.
Broken treaties..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/23/15 at 10:46:43

wow.....did I ever ruffle some head dresses....

I know, the subject is taboo, but hell that was a century ago or more. Native-Americans, African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian-Americans, how many freaking Americans do we have?

isn't it about time we put this to bed? Sorry, but not to put too fine a point on it, but they lost the war.  we took over the land, to the winner goes the spoils. Get rid of this dual nation status BS.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/23/15 at 10:48:34

old.indian wrote on 07/23/15 at 07:41:48:

That raises the same reaction I had to the yuppie twit who said.
[/color]" While you were in Vietnam putting your buddies in body bags, I was getting laid by burning my draft card at peace rallies...."[color=#ff0000]   Angry  

that was a real sh!tty thing to say and I hope you beat his as$. I wouldn't put my comment in the same category.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/23/15 at 11:28:03

I would.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 07/23/15 at 12:12:13

You're gonna have to put it in some context so he can understand...

Like... My ancestors were force marched from MS to OK so that yours could steal our land.  Nearly 1 in 4 died on the way of starvation and exposure while yours fatted himself upon our land.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/23/15 at 12:49:16

everybody's ancestors did $hit to everybody elses ancestors.

whatever tribe you associate with probably had a war with another tribe and took over their land. i'm of Scottish descent and from what I recollect, the Romans crapped all over us for centuries.

honestly, I don't have a dog in this hunt and I'm certainly not going to argue about it. I'm just not inclindec to join in on the "oh, look what wd did to the poor old American Indian" pity party anymore then I'm going to boycott German product because my uncle was destroyed in World War II.  which, by the way, was a hell of a lot more recent.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 07/23/15 at 12:58:16

I'm not claiming ancestry. Third party observer position, I see injustice.
Maybe some people can't do that. I'm able to see it from their side. That's been a problem I've had for a long time.
When i was captain of the PE flag football, well, two below, no flags, team, teams sent two out, to hash out rules. They wasted time arguing.  I went out , with the quarterback, and told them
You make the rules, just don't change them.
I was the only captain who wasn't the quarterback. I'd rather win, so, I picked a kid who could throw. And, the first guy I picked was the fat kid.
Always picked last. He was tall and huge. I taught him to block, so, we had one blocker for the quarterback. Had others not cheated our record woulda been best.
How is it possible to cheat and still Feel as if you'd won?
You can't win if you cheat

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 03:09:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Apaches in a fight for Oak Flat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.