Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wrote my letter this morning.. probably late (Read 81 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Wrote my letter this morning.. probably late
06/24/15 at 06:05:57

Salutations Mr. Wicker,

I am writing to you about my concerns over the TPP and other such legal tools. As my representative I request that you do NOT support such measures if for no other reason than it is not transparent.  Someone knows what is in in them but not senators? It does not really matter what is in them if it is not transparent. Please vote against this. I do not trust the authors, we don’t even know who they are, how can you possibly think it would be good for anyone other than the author? It is NOT good for me, it is NOT good for the state of Mississippi, it is NOT good for the people of the USA.
PS: ask yourself, how great was NAFTA really?

(Letter to my Senator Roger Wicker)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wrote my letter this morning.. probably late
Reply #1 - 06/24/15 at 07:28:05

I salute you, Pine.
Lemme know if you get a reply.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 06/24/15 at 09:15:45

Looks like a "canned" response:

Senator Roger Wicker  Today at 11:07 AM
To      
pinetor@yahoo.com

Thank you for contacting me regarding trade policy.     I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue.

The economic strength of the United States is the direct product of our free market system.    This system is founded on constitutional principles, such as limited government, private ownership of property, and competitive markets.    Given the openness of America's economy, expanding access to foreign markets for U.S. goods and services is to our advantage.

Historically, international trade has been a vital component of the U.S. economy.   Ninety-five percent of the world's consumers live outside our borders. U.S. goods deserve to compete in global markets, and the expansion of economic opportunities abroad helps spur job and wage growth at home.    These benefits are not only good for American employees and businesses but also provide American consumers with more choices and lower prices.

Beginning with the Trade Act of 1974, Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) has empowered American Presidents to negotiate reciprocal trade agreements and submit them to Congress for expedited consideration.  This so-called "fast track" authority to enter into new agreements expired in 2007.  

One of my constitutional responsibilities as a U.S. Senator is to provide advice and consent on international treaties, including trade agreements.  Thus, I closely monitor trade deals negotiated by the United States to ensure they are both free and fair.  On May 22, 2015, the Senate passed the Trade Promotion Authority Act of 2015 with my support.  The legislative package, which includes a six-year extension of TPA, now moves to the House of Representatives for final approval before it can be sent to the President for his signature.

Should the measure be enacted, it will fall to whoever is President to seek the best deals possible with our trade partners.  Under TPA, any agreements formally entered into must be submitted to Congress for up-or-down votes.  Billions of dollars in exports and tens of thousands of American jobs depend on an Administration's effectiveness in negotiating on behalf of working families in Mississippi and across the nation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely Yours,
           Roger F.Wicker
           U.S. Senate

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 06/24/15 at 09:22:50

Since he offered to assist me... I sent a new email.. very short>

I would like a complete copy of the TPP.

I wonder he will respond to THAT!  Grin

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/24/15 at 09:22:51

Definitely a canned response.

No one is glad to have to do their job, especially not a politician.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/24/15 at 17:25:57

That one Definitely has vocal cords inches above the anal sphincter.
Everything he said is a load of crap. We import exponentially more than we export. Every
Trade Agreement
these geniuses have worked out has damaged our economy and to believe that they suddenly got one done that doesn't do more harm to us is insane.
If it's Not a conspiracy to wreck the world economy and cause societal chaos, okay, but the result will be the same. If what Eisenhower warned of
Did come to pass, what would society look like? I'm thinking he was right. JFK was gonna step in and turn it around... I think Reagan was gonna try, but after they TOLD him he was just a puppet, he would not shut up, so, they shot him, and told him to sit down and shut up.. Bush , IMO, was president for twelve years, effectively. I don't believe Reagan would have done the stuff we did in S. America. Or endorsed the Iran Contra business.

Phhhht to Roger Wanker..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cobra0071
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/28/15 at 14:17:02

Up

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #7 - 07/16/15 at 21:32:46

We really should be able to just fire these bastids
Part of the job of a Congressman or Senator, if not THE job, is to be our legal representative in the gov't, and make sound decisions for us that can't be there to decide for ourselves
If you hire a legal representative to represent you in a business deal, much less a criminal action, and he signed legal papers without reading them first you'd fire him
We should do the same to any politician who agrees to pass a law they have not read and thoroughly understood

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 07/25/15 at 19:46:56

Anyone who has an argument to counter That?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 02:03:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wrote my letter this morning.. probably late

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.