Send Topic Print
bring back crucifixion (Read 254 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: bring back crucifixion
Reply #15 - 07/22/15 at 08:28:31

The New York Times can try to spin this anyway they want, but the comments by both doctors are darning. Why would it cost more to ship a liver then a heart? She was talking price (note: PRICE not cost, big difference) between 30 and $100 per specimen if shipping and handling were the only fees and they were not out to make money why the different prices? there was no explanation for the difference in prices such as one specimen piece require greater handling than the other, which it clearly doesn't. Why was she suggesting they contact the St. Louis office?

The second video is even more darning she was negotiating prices for specimens. There's no getting around that.

how about you use the same judgment  techniques on these videos as you did on mitt Romney's 47% video!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 07/22/15 at 08:32:01

When you ask.......answer this.

A couple is on the way to PP to abort, however they become involved in an accident.
The girl, because of injuries sustained, lost the fetus.
The cause of the accident was the fault of the other driver.
The other driver had resources and they hired an attorney and bought a wrongful death charge against the other driver.

Their is your answer.

$$$$$$$$

As to editing, this is laughable. Not that I am saying it wasn't  done....
But to give some example of editing the left used to influence to perception is B1 saying "no new taxes".
He went against his own pledge in order to SIGN a tax increase bill the left  passed so he would prove non-partisan in his executive role and grant the petition against his own beliefs....
And the left used that read my lips pledge out of context to deceive voters.
So, whats good for the goose should be good for the gander pal, so don't whine when the sword cuts you.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 07/22/15 at 08:39:04

WebsterMark wrote on 07/22/15 at 07:51:42:
Serowbot wrote on 07/22/15 at 07:06:08:
Any of us, could have been aborted, miscarried, born deformed, or never even conceived.  Life is a crap shoot.
I don't encourage or discourage anyone to do anything more dramatic than change their petcock.
...maybe, wear a helmet...

i'm calling bull$hit on that!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to call bull$hit on myself there... Grin...

I am opinionated... I do try to convince people to see my point of view.

... but you can't seriously imagine that upon hearing of someone's pregnancy, I encourage them to abort...
I'm not "pro-abortion"... I'm just "Pro- it's not my choice to make".

"oh, you're pregnant?... You know what you should do?... You should get an abortion... I hear they're loads of fun"...
"I wish I could get pregnant so I could have one"
... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/22/15 at 09:08:54

and there is no debate about when life begins. Any scientific explanation of what life is applies to the conceived child after immediately after conception.

Albert Einstein used thought experiments to explain complicated issues in his theories of  relativity. his favorite was long trains in space moving parallel or perpendicular to one another. It's also common to use the twin paradox when discussing the time dilation of relativity. thought experiments with clocks were used until the space shuttle came along and they used real clocks to prove relativity as well.

So imagine this thought experiment: the Mars Lander is scooping up dirt and analyzing particles. In a pile of dirt it comes across a one day old conceived human. It's analysis determines the DNA is completely unique of any other human in the universe. The cells are dividing and growing towards very specific organs with very specific functions. They are taking in energy and giving off waste. The news flash would reverberate around earth: life has been found on Mars!

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #19 - 07/22/15 at 09:15:43

Yes, a zygote is alive, but is it an independent individual that has it's own rights?

What's with the 'Einstein/Mars' analogy?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/22/15 at 09:19:35

... but you can't seriously imagine that upon hearing of someone's pregnancy, I encourage them to abort...
I'm not "pro-abortion"... I'm just "Pro- it's not my choice to make".

Fair enough. Then I suppose you will become pro-choice on gun ownership. It's not your choice to make if I have a machine gun, right?  after all, it is my body. If I want my body to shoot a machine gun how come you're telling me I can't? I assume you'll become pro-choice on the death penalty. It's not your choice to make it Texas decides to execute convicted murderers right?
you can become pro-choice on healthcare. Why should you choose health care for me? I suppose you will become pro-choice on taxes. Why should you decide I should pay more taxes than someone else. It's my choice isn't it?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 07/22/15 at 09:30:50

Hate to disappoint you, but,.. I don't get to choose any of those things...
Maybe if I were taller, I'd be allowed more influence... Huh...

Mars is a long way to go for an abortion... Undecided...
See,.. in your example,.. this "life" would be dead... because it is not a viable lifeform outside it's mother...
...ex-specially,... yes,.. ex-specially,... on Mars... Huh...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/22/15 at 09:39:59

OK, fine. That was your cute little way of getting out of this discussipn. I understand. Once cornered with the reality of their position, all pro-choice people punt. Like I said I don't blame you I would too if i were in your shoes.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/22/15 at 09:44:40

HovisPresley wrote on 07/22/15 at 09:15:43:
Yes, a zygote is alive, but is it an independent individual that has it's own rights?

What's with the 'Einstein/Mars' analogy?

as oldnslow pointed out, a car accident that kills an unborn baby, can land a man in jail for manslaughter.  if another identical car accident knocked a cancerous tumor out of a woman, I don't think the man would be prosecuted under manslaughter laws, do you?

In both cases, a gathering up cells were destroyed.  what's the difference?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 07/22/15 at 10:19:08

I'm still here...   I do flitter away once in while, due to my short attention span... but, I check back in...
I've got wash on the line...

I believe the manslaughter question is determined by whether the fetus would be viable outside the womb...
That would be in area of 20 some weeks, I think....

Only 1.4% of abortions occur at that stage, and they are overwhelmingly done because of eminent danger to the mother, or gross deformity of the unborn...
That is the law currently for late stage abortions...
So, I'm not exaggerating or distorting the statistic...

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #25 - 07/22/15 at 10:51:03

I think it depends on the state
There was a recent case where a woman posted a CL add about baby stuff, then when the expecting mother showed up, cut the baby from her living body and ran off with it, killing the baby (by mistake?) in the process
The baby was at a viable age, and not in distress of any sort, yet she will not be charged with murder
Because the baby died in the removal, instead of afterward
had the baby drawn a single breath, it would have been murder
Other states would have prosecuted for murder

Lovely, what the 'legal definition' of life makes possible, innit?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/22/15 at 11:10:08

there were  1.06 million abortions done in the United States in 2011.
1.4% = 14,084
there were 15,614 homicides reported in 2013.

i guess we should stop talking about these since it really isnt a big deal....

And I might point out if there really was eminent danger to the mother, there's such a thing called a C-section. If the baby has to be removed from the mother for the mother to live, there's a lot better ways to do this than chopping them into little pieces and selling them so some b!tch can buy a Lamborghini.   honestly, the whole life of the mother thing is BS.  it's a convenient escape clause.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #27 - 07/22/15 at 11:12:50

Quote:
as oldnslow pointed out, a car accident that kills an unborn baby, can land a man in jail for manslaughter.  if another identical car accident knocked a cancerous tumor out of a woman, I don't think the man would be prosecuted under manslaughter laws, do you?

raydawg said that, not me. My only post on this topic went in a slightly different direction.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 07/22/15 at 11:16:46

honestly, you can't win this argument on facts. All you really have left to say is this is a partisan, liberal position and, being a member of that team, you have to be pro-choice.

To do that, you really can't ever allow yourself to closely examine what precisely is meant by the phrase pro-choice. Because if you did that it would lead you to the realization that taking a pro-choice position is less than human, which I don't think you are. I think you're a decent guy who would really rather not think about this other than in the abstract.

You will never convince me abortion isn't anything other than the killing of an innocent human being,  because the fax tell anyone who looks at it closely, that's what it is. Because of that, I can never move off of my position. However, I have the possibility of changing your mind.

but I will drop this line of discussion. For now.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 07/22/15 at 11:17:28

oldNslow wrote on 07/22/15 at 11:12:50:
Quote:

raydawg said that, not me. My only post on this topic went in a slightly different direction.

whoops, sorry about that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 02:39:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › bring back crucifixion

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.