Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Club Dyna (Read 140 times)
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Club Dyna
07/09/15 at 06:22:15

I was looking through the threads on the Harley Dyna muffler change (best thread seems to be here...with pics  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417  )

I realize that thread is 5 years old, but I'm new to the game here! I've heard the Dyna on a Savage and really like the sound, so I talked to my buddy at Ray Price in Raleigh and he hooked me up.

I got TWO 19" Harley Dyna mufflers with less than 5000 miles on them for $40. Both look like they just came off a brand new bike. Micro scratches from cleaning in a couple spots, but in much better shape than my current '03 stock tube.

They are P/N 65747-94 which is the number that is considered the closest to "drop in" replacement. Gonna put one on this week end (weather permitting...it's been T-Storming here for like 10 days straight it seems) and I'll post some pics and comments. So long as I dont destroy the first one I attempt, I'll have a spare one Cool

You interested chzeckmate?

dyna_65747-94.jpg

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Club Dyna
Reply #1 - 07/09/15 at 08:56:23

You'll be happy with it. Sounds good and not too obnoxious, and in some cases notable performance change (depending on your set-up).

Just follow the instructions in the tech section using the soup can as a crush seal (cream of mushroom is the best  Grin) and you'll be in good shape!

Also, make sure to loosen the header bolts. You may forget or try to do it without loosening them, but it makes the fitment soooooo much easier in having that extra wiggle room at the header.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #2 - 07/09/15 at 13:42:11

I went all in and had a shop make a custom joint between the muffler and the header.  They also cut the Dyna mount off and re-welded it so that it followed the rear swing arm perfectly.  He welded 2 bolts in the slide on the Dyna in the right position to match the Suzuki mount.  Overall it came out pretty boss. Dude charged me $120 for the work cash only Wink.

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
Future: Repaint / Sportster Seat / Breaklight
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #3 - 07/10/15 at 13:53:05

Boogie_with_Stu wrote on 07/09/15 at 06:22:15:
I was looking through the threads on the Harley Dyna muffler change (best thread seems to be here...with pics  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417  )

You interested chzeckmate?

You're going to be very happy.  I can't wait to see your photos/video.  I'd say you should keep the extra one lying around.  If you ever have an incident and damage the first one or need to replace for whatever reason you'll have it.  I live in Houston.  I can go to any one of the many motorcycle graveyards here and pick up one of these in very good shape for around 20 bucks...might not look quite as bright as those though.  You definitely got the hook up!

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #4 - 07/10/15 at 18:36:50

Roger that bro, just figured I'd offer Cool

Not a huge fan of cream of mushroom, but have some 10 year old cans of niblets corn here with the right ribbing.

Things were just starting to come together...and this morning, the AC unit took a dump. Its old...a 1978 unit IIRC, mercury switch thermostat and little to no insulation on the rectangle ducting under the house.

My home, like my bike (and car), found me instead of the reverse. I bought my first home at age 44, a nice 7 yr old stick built 3 bedroom with a 6 ft "crawlspace". The bank took it in 2010 due to income issues from the economy going bust.
I was renting a room in a long stay "motel" type setup when a woman who used to work with me offered me her sisters trailer. 50 ft long, 2 bdrm with a stick built 12x14 "Florida" room in the front and a 12x12 "mud room" off the back. Her sister had passed 2 years before and she hadnt found anyone willing to buy it (she is the executor). She ended up buying the house from her sisters estate, and financing it to me as a "lease to own". The house aint worth squat, but it's on a beautiful 3/4 acre wooded lot. The land, with a well and septic tank is worth more than I paid for the house.

Sorry for the loooooooooong story, but I dont get out much Grin

So...2 window units at the moment and a guy coming to look at my train wreck on Monday. Funniest part is, the "complete replacement payout" on my homeowners policy(if the place burned right to the ground) is about $8,400 lol! Putting a new $3000 cooling system on this POS just doesnt feel right. The plan was, to tear it down and build a nice 1000 sq ft cottage or bungalow in it's place. That was before I got downsized from my job in April. Not sure what the plan is now.

Those of you who have a nice stable income, a nice home (without a leaky roof and broken down A/C) and a bit of family around you....count yourselves lucky my friends. As for working on the Savage, it's a welcome distraction Wink

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 07/10/15 at 21:13:59

Yeah, I totally appreciate the offer.  Shipping is nuts these days though.  I figure it'd cost around $40 to ship.  For as nice as they look that's well worth it but I'm trying to make ends meet too.  Times are tough but it sounds like we're both hanging in there.  Keep a smile, buddy...things will get greater later and I'd say there's always plenty to be grateful for  Smiley

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
nickythegreek

Reply #6 - 07/14/15 at 13:13:26

If you still have an extra dyna, I'd love to take it off your hands. Send me a pm with total cost and Email to PayPal. Shipped to Columbus, Ohio 43206.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 07/14/15 at 18:07:02

My AC ON A trailer died. Repair cost was more than I could do. Bought window units for three bedrooms, living room and kitchen. The drop in electrical bills paid for the units in one summer. Summer in Texas lasts a long time and is hot. Being able to only cool the rooms being used saved a ton
Our house today uses window units and wall mounted propane heaters.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:25:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Club Dyna

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.