Send Topic Print
Amy Schumer (Read 55 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Amy Schumer
07/09/15 at 06:18:36

I'm a bit of an Amy Schumer fan. It's not like I tape her show or have spent a penny on her. I won't go see the movie she's in, but if it's on Netflix next year, I'll watch it. When she trashed one of those Jacka$$ a$$holes for getting himself killed while drunk, she got put on my list of comedians to listen to if I run across them channel surfing. She puts some really funny short skits on YouTube.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpsI8mWKmg

Now I read where she's taking $hit for a couple jokes. Maybe one of our censors on here will remove them, but :

"Nothing works 100% of the time.....except Mexicans."
and
“I used to date Hispanic guys, but now I prefer consensual.”

Come on, that's funny stuff! But now she's being called on to apologize by a bunch of worthless 'groups' that pretend to speak for civilized humans or something..... who the f knows who they speak for! Why do we let morons like these people kept telling us to remove this NFL logo cause it's offensive or to take down a flag cause it's offensive or pull a golf event cause Trump said something true but politically incorrect...

Pretty soon, we're going to have a cabinet level federal Department of Comedy that clears jokes ahead of time. Oh, and they'll probably be one of those federal agencies that buy ammunition by the truckloads too!

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Re: Amy Schumer
Reply #1 - 07/09/15 at 07:20:46

@Webster Mark

Remember Demolition Man with Stallone and how he woke up into a "perfect" society where they only spoke polite and you were fined for saying or doing anything deemed not polite? Funny how that's exactly where we are headed as a society. You can't say or do anything that is offensive to anyone or God forbid one of the many groups that represents that particular part of society will go after you.

I too am a fan of Amy Schumer. I've had the pleasure of seeing her comedy show live and she is hilarious. She made a name for herself with her raunchy comedy basically about her sex life. True or not it's funny. When we start censoring comics for what they say we are done for sure. I've seen to many who use racial jokes (most about their own race) as the main part of there act make it big. I guess since she's not Mexican it's not ok to joke about them?

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/10/15 at 20:50:13

Amy Schumer is funny,

I was very impressed by Chelsea Peretti in her "One of the Greats" stand up

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 07/11/15 at 07:34:04

it is really telling how many on the left are caught being un-PC by words, or deed, when exposed, cry foul and remark it was taken out of context.....
Like when Obama tells folks to "get in the face" of those who don't agree with you and your support of him....
If a conservative candidate uddered such aggressiveness, he would be labeled intolerant and prolly violent, and racist depending on the face he was entertaining....

However, comedy is the context of comedians, yet when it can serve a purpose to further divide people, the PC card will be utilized.

Odd how they say vileness of racism drives a wedge between acceptance of all, yet deploy their own wedging material to push along their own aspirations....

Th hard lefts mindset is absolute, almost tyrannical in nature....

I will give an example of a friend at work of a recent event.

I brought up the story about how Soros and other wealthy leftist had gathered in San Francisco to formulate their move in the next presidential cycle....
How one of their goals was to remove money from the election process.

I asked my friend isn't that a wee bit hypocritical when you want to use your wealth to campaign and establish your beliefs, yet deny others the same right to do so?

He said no, and went on to say that is the only way you can go against the like of the NRA, who has all sorts of money and use it to persuade elections....

What the HUH?

I told him the NRA funding is derived from membership of folks, individuals with a vote each, who are of like mind and belief, and in a sense, pool their resources into a "lobby" to be heard and promoted...

He said that is wrong, and why Soros and those on the left need to use their money to stop the likes of the NRA, etc...

Gang, I just shook my head and hoped ISIS doesn't start recruiting these like minded folk  Huh  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 21:57:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Amy Schumer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.