chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Re: My Savage wont start!!
Reply #15 - 06/27/15 at 16:23:05

Well done!

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
trevorw
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 06/27/15 at 19:05:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/27/15 at 16:05:29:
Ahhh, so, it was the old
Broken Magnet Trick, ehh, Chief?
Bummer, dude, but you figured it out...

It sure was, I was going nuts checking all the wires and connections and didn't want to be replacing parts so I figured I would go for gold and dig into the starter! I did not know a magnet could do that! I should have taken some pictures it was pretty intense!

IP Logged
trevorw
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/27/15 at 19:07:10

Boogie_with_Stu wrote on 06/27/15 at 02:36:56:
I'm far from an expert, but that starter motor is not the greatest. The fact that you kept trying to start it over and over and over again...possible you seized the starter motor. The relay would still click because it is trying to do it's job.

I have never had my starter out of the bike so I have no idea if it is as simple as it looks (2 bolts), but if you can get it out...make sure it spins freely. Then hook a set of jumper cables to it and test it (for a very SHORT time). I'd advise having it clamped to a bench or a short piece of 2x4 when you test it...it may bounce around a bit.

You were right! It was the starter! Super easy to take out and take apart, no problems getting it all back together and in again either.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:23:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My Savage wont start!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.