Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Video for Cam Chain Adjuster Check/Belt Adjustment (Read 36 times)
Seanmnnell
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Video for Cam Chain Adjuster Check/Belt Adjustment
06/15/15 at 09:04:19

2007 S40 Boulevard. Pretty much stock. I have a slight squeak from pulley assembly that I can hear sometimes when slowly accelerating, but not so much during deceleration.  In doing the 90 degree hand turn check on the belt, it's a bit tough to get it to 90 degrees so probably needs to be loosened slightly.  Also, it looks like my belt kind of rides on the left side off the rear wheel pulley deal even though I don't have a lift to spin the back tire and see what's going on. Does anyone have a link to a video of someone adjusting and aligning their belt drive at rear wheel?

I've read up on the popular threads for checking out the cam chain adjuster and plan on putting off that project until next oil change (1500 miles or so away).  I don't really hear any ticking or anything alarming, I just love the bike and want to have it set to ride for 40k+, so I've read up on the getting the verslavvy adapter and it seems like a no brainer. I'm copying the link below to the most detailed post on checking out the cam chain adjuster based on my searching.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1191167029

I'm at 17k miles and have had bike since 7k and have done all normal maintenance aside from came chain adjuster inspection. The instructions look thorough but there's not enough pictures to give me a solid visual for all the little parts of the process (handling of cables, springs, bolts, nuts, washers). If I see the process live, it's likely to turn this into a 1-2 hour for me versus meticulously reading and re-reading instructions for 3-4 hours. Is there a video available to supplement the instructions?

You guys are awesome, thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Video for Cam Chain Adjuster Check/Belt Adjust
Reply #1 - 06/15/15 at 17:54:30

No video that I know of...

This is your big opportunity to add content to the site... Shoot us a video... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:33:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Video for Cam Chain Adjuster Check/Belt Adjustment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.