Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
washer location on rear wheel reinstall (Read 49 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
washer location on rear wheel reinstall
06/01/15 at 21:03:51

ok, very easy question. reinstalling my rear wheel. forgot to look at the washer placement before pulling the wheel off. the axle bolt has the following known parts, so between which does the flat washer go...

left to right:
axle bolt nut
left rear adjuster
left spacer
--wheel--
right spacer
right rear adjuster
axle bolt head

thanks!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: washer location on rear wheel reinstall
Reply #1 - 06/01/15 at 21:12:03

Can you insert the axle from the right side?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 06/01/15 at 21:41:36

washer goes under the nut.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 06/02/15 at 07:20:11

verslagen1 wrote on 06/01/15 at 21:41:36:
washer goes under the nut.

Thanks!!! Kinda thought so, but just wanted to make sure. I am making my first Dragon run in a few weeks and don't want any surprises. Grin

JOG, yes, the axle is inserted from the right to left (at least mine was). However, by the looks of it I see no reason why it can't go either way though I am putting it back like I found it.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/02/15 at 07:31:28

Whenever you forget the order of things....it is really helpful to go to an online parts retailer and look up the diagram.

http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432158&catego...

I believe that the axle should go in from the left side for a couple of reasons.

1)    The spacer that goes into the left side pulley hub fits into the seal, and it has to be in place when you set the wheel hub/pulley hub,brake hub assembly in place and slide the axle in....while the spacer on the right side by the brake hub can be slid in after everything is in place and you are shoving the axle through to the other side.....slide the spacer in just before the axle goes through the right side adjuster and swing arm.

2)    If you ever put on longer shocks - you can't remove the axle out the right side....as the muffler will be in the way.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 06/02/15 at 08:54:14

Thanks, Dave!  I can assure you that mine was in the reverse of the diagram (duh, don't know why I didn't look for myself...I usually do that first), but will put it back left to right.  When I was removing it, it almost wouldn't slide out past the pipe so I can now see where this could be an issue in the future if I do any other mods.

Glad I asked, and although the rubber on the bike is original, I guess someone once removed it and put it in backwards or either someone in the factory was sleepy that day.  Smiley

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:30:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › washer location on rear wheel reinstall

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.