YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Arizona cartoons...
Reply #120 - 06/09/15 at 07:02:11

Case and point...
JOG posted this in the Cafe' just yesterday...
Here is what resisting a government official will get you...
... and this was for petty theft... Grin...
You can resist,.. but you will never win... Wink...
Law or government officials will never, ever just walk away because you resist by force... it only escalates...
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/04/homes-in-greenwood-village-evacuated-le...
Standoff Suspect ID’d, Was Wanted For Stealing 2 Belts & A Shirt From Walmart

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #121 - 06/09/15 at 07:03:30

They can go house to house looking for a criminal terrorist in Boston sure.... but do you think they could go house to house looking to confiscate gold, guns, horded cash etc.. in Montana? Wyoming? Alaska? along with thousands of other communities? Good luck.

Hell, I've been to parts of Tennessee where if Timothy McVeigh were still alive, he would get 40% of the vote!....  

It's not going to be as easy as you think.

Liberal major cities like Boston, yea, I can see them folding like a cheap suit since nearly everything they need is supplied by the government. I was working in New York City not long ago and I was amazed at how nearly everything is under the complete control of the government. The city could close the bridges and trap 5 million people in the blink of an eye. They could close highways around Boston and starve the population into submission.  

But where my brother lives in Montana? Forget it. I just drove 3 1/2 hours from Dallas to south of Lufkin TX. The Feds would have a very difficult time taking over that area.

Add  10 more years to the mix and many citizens will just sit there while the water in the pot slowly boils them alive like a lobster and they don't even realize it.
but I think there's enough of the American spirit left that would put up a fight.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #122 - 06/09/15 at 07:15:02

The funny thing about guns in America is...
In most "scenarios"...
"You can Take My guns From my Cold Dead Hands"...

It's the big bad government coming to get your guns...

You have guns, to protect your guns, from people coming to get your guns...
That's like having a car alarm for your car alarm,.. in case someone tries to steal your car alarm...
Grin Grin Grin...

PS.. our US military is a larger population than the entire state of Montana,... including every man, woman, and child...
Add in Law enforcement to that number...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #123 - 06/09/15 at 07:16:52

let's imagine this Sew; let's say a hard line conservative wins the election along with a conservative majority in Congress and let's say this goes on for a couple terms. After 6 or 7 years of packing the supreme court, judges, military leaders etc with like minded individuals he issues an executive order and uses election rolls to locate democrats/liberals. He then uses some event (lets say a liberal shoots a conservative politician) and claiming this actions is needed to protect the public, sends in local authorities in to confiscate your guns.

What are you gonna do?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #124 - 06/09/15 at 07:16:58

I am surprised we have not heard anything about the Bundy Ranch incident.  I figured by now a whole bunch of people would be somewhere in the justice system.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #125 - 06/09/15 at 07:19:48

That overwhelming power has been held at bay in other places.
The Whole of them wont turn on us.
They know that they NEED a problem that will make the people Ask them to take control.
Who here believes the media TRIED to calm things at the times when racial tensions were high?
WHY did the police suppress the evidence that proved the cops face was broken?
Gee, it almost seems like someone WANTS a race war.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #126 - 06/09/15 at 07:29:29

That overwhelming power has been held at bay in other places.
Yes, it has, you are correct.

The Whole of them wont turn on us.
Yes, you’re right. Remember, there were dozens of assassination attempts made on Hitler and many Germans fled or at the very least, were silently in opposition.

They know that they NEED a problem that will make the people Ask them to take control.
Who here believes the media TRIED to calm things at the times when racial tensions were high?

The media is dominated by liberals who believe blacks are under attack because of the racism of conservatives. That’s all. It’s not a conspiracy in the sense you are making it out to be. It’s ideological.

WHY did the police suppress the evidence that proved the cops face was broken?
No one suppressed evidence. It was out almost immediately. The problem was, his face wasn’t broken. It was red with a few scratches, that’s all.

Gee, it almost seems like someone WANTS a race war.
Again, it’s ideological, but certainly there’s money and power to be had in a race war.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #127 - 06/09/15 at 07:30:56

WebsterMark wrote on 06/09/15 at 07:16:52:
sends in local authorities in to confiscate your guns.

What are you gonna do?

I sure ain't gonna' barricade myself into my 3 bedroom ranch style fortress and try to hold them off...
Grin...
They have a warrant,.. they can take my guns...
I'll go to court, and seek justice...

I ain't gonna' die, or rot in prison, over my fun peashooters...

Make note... this isn't cowardice... I'm just not delusional...
I won't pick a fight I can't possibly win...
...and I surely won't die or rot in prison, for any material possession...

Comes down to it... I don't think anyone here would either...
I give you all more credit for common sense than that...

Peace, Serow  Wink...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #128 - 06/09/15 at 07:49:31

PS... upon refection,.. if I had any warning...
I'd sell them all to my friend for a dollar...  Wink...

Option two...
Change my voter affiliation to Republican.... (you can still vote for whoever you want)...
Huh...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #129 - 06/09/15 at 07:51:22

Others should weigh in.

Remember, in this pretend scenario, (pretend for now anyway) imagine the government has become more and more intrusive. Imagine the situation similar to what the colonies faced in the 1770's. Or imagine it's what black Americans faced in the 1960's or southerners after the Civil War.  imagine laws passed that were specifically aimed directly at you. Imagine you are basically being singled out as the reason for other people's problems and the government is targeting you and others like you. this has occurred over years, not all at once. you're savings is confiscated, you're home has unreasonable taxes put on it, you have to report your travel etc....  Now they are sending soldiers to come into your house and take what they deem you cannot own. The United States as you know it has ceased to exist.

What do you do?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #130 - 06/09/15 at 07:55:05

I think the premise is ridiculous... just couldn't happen.
...but,... if you're going to play,... take the premise seriously...
No armchair bravado or bumper sticker legends...

Realistically,... there are only three options...
Die,..
Submit,..
Move,...
... but,... the wisest option is move... Huh...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #131 - 06/09/15 at 08:36:33

The premise is not ridiculous. Do you think the Germans of 1920 would have guessed what their country would look like in 20 short years? What changes did these countries see with in a decade: Poland? Japan? Vietnam? Korea?  You think the people of the USSR in 1980 could have guessed what their nation would look like 20 years later? Anything could happen.

Honest answer on my part: move. Keep moving to friendly areas until I was out of places to go.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #132 - 06/09/15 at 08:57:46

Under the "pretend scenario" you are scripting I would like to add some reality.   Those aren't soldiers going to your house, those are paramilitary police (local, state or federal ).    

The Gestapo started as a political police force (and absorbed the regular German police forces). The SS started as a paramilitary force to guard the concentration camps.   The same can be said for the KGB.

I lived in the Boston area during the "Bulger era" and the here in New Mexico for the last 10 years.   If you ask my opinion of the Judicial branches of local, state or federal government.... "No Comment."

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #133 - 06/09/15 at 09:02:36

There are no more places to go.  Not unless your extremely wealthy and you have already purchased an enormous track of land in South America.  Incidentally, the 1% has been doing that for a number of years now.

I not certain what level of civil disobedience we are speaking of; although, it wouldn't take much.  We have a labor participation rate of a bit more than 62%.  38% of the country is being fed by Uncle Sam.  Imagine if EBTs didn't go out for let's say 10 days of more.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #134 - 06/09/15 at 09:03:06

WebsterMark wrote on 06/09/15 at 08:36:33:
Honest answer on my part: move. Keep moving to friendly areas until I was out of places to go.

So, we agree...   (I was expecting to be called a liberal wus')... Grin...
Yer' smarter than I gave you credit for... Grin...
Jes' kidding, Web... Wink...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 19:42:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Arizona cartoons...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.