Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Arizona cartoons...
05/29/15 at 09:20:17

They're specifically inviting bikers this time... Undecided...
I'm puzzled as to the significance of this... Huh...
...but, it's getting a lot of press here... you have to wonder if the press is intentionally trying to create an incident...(or maybe you don't have to wonder)...
I'm not enticed... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Arizona cartoons...
Reply #1 - 05/29/15 at 09:59:18

Grasping a concept, one developed by living, trying to get someone else to See,just for a minute,the world,THROUGH that concept, phhht,,
Pretty sure my efforts are wasted, BUT I'll take a Shorthand swing at it.

Is it
Nice
to have a contest to draw something that some group has,among themselves,a rule against, and you KNOW it's gonna PISS them off if you do it?  No, itsnot,, But you know what? Life's tuff, sometimes people offend others. I think it's a bit childish to get ones turban in a twist over someone drawing (my understanding is, it doesn't Matter if it's a beautiful drawing and totally respectful, still against their Rule, and if im wrong,changes nothing)
The problem I THINK is there is some growing resentment in communities where immigrants want American law to change to reflect the place they came from. BaconSandwich,, go Back,or assimilate, or be offended,quietly
Or, you don't LIKE us drawing? Come stop us...

Id be shocked if there is one ( foreigners can't answer yet ) who understands and can explain that
Separation of church and state
thing.
Then, the interstate commerce clause.

Better have a Blacks law dictionary and work through the root word in regulate.  
The point is that they have intentionally perverted the meaning of the words and sold it to a People who are unable to see the fraud.

In short, they don't like it, they can get over it, leave, change THEIR religious law or, what I EXPECT, WE will change Our law..

This is where you go back to the top and read the intro.
No tyranny without necessity,, they NEED to maintain peace, We all want peace,

Let's see how peace gets saved,at what cost and to whom.

Re: Black s dictionary, you'll need an OLD one, because the definition of things has been changed to KEEP you from understanding the Original Intent,creating fraudulent ability to concentrate power.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 05/29/15 at 10:44:26

(1) Quote:
The problem I THINK is there is some growing resentment in communities where immigrants want American law to change to reflect the place they came from.

(2) Quote:
In short, they don't like it, they can get over it, leave,...

(3) Quote:
Pretty sure my efforts are wasted ...

JOG; you are absolutely correct about #s (1) and (2)

Unfortunately I think you are probably correct about # (3) also.  

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 05/29/15 at 19:35:57

Immigrants aren't the only ones who enter a community and want the local culture to change to suit their priorities. I lived in a small blue collar mill town. Then it was "discovered" by the Boston Yuppie wanttobes. It wasn't long before the newcomers were wanting to make changes to the little mill town to make it  like the places that they had moved to the little mill town to get away from..... Roll Eyes  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #4 - 05/29/15 at 19:46:51

Personally, I find the whole "Cartoon of the Prophet" contest about as intelligent an idea as poking a (very large) wasp nest with a (very) short stick ....  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 05/29/15 at 20:07:12

old.indian wrote on 05/29/15 at 19:46:51:
Personally, I find the whole "Cartoon of the Prophet" contest about as intelligent an idea as poking a (very large) wasp nest with a (very) short stick ....  

Correct, but not the point.
If I wanna do donuts in my front yard from two to four pm every Saturday and I don't live in the city and you don't want me to,   tuff...

Clearly antagonistic behavior, but this REALLY IS America, and if someone wants to hold a contest that some groups find offensive, well, tuff.
Get over it. They may not like it, but nobody is being hurt.
Unless someone decides to take the law into their own hands and decide to punish the bad people. Maybe they should protest, take action, strike first, buy up all the pencils.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/29/15 at 22:44:07

For my part,.. I'm going to stock up on Sharpies...

That'll put marzipan in yer' pie plate, Bingo... Grin...

Huh...

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #7 - 05/30/15 at 15:47:38

I may be more than a wee bit cynical, but I'm always suspicious of ulterior motives when it comes to things and events like this "cartoon contest".   What are they trying to accomplish ??? I'm aware that the media is stirring the pot in hopes of gaining a higher ratings share. But what is to be gained, and by whom, by this baiting and hate mongering ???   Usually when deluged by reasons why we should fear some "thing" it is soon followed by how this group, or candidate, is going to protect me from the "evil" if I will contribute $$$ and/or Vote for said candidate.. "VOTE FOR ME AND I'LL MAKE YOU FREE!!!"    
 You would think that Americans would learn that "hate mongering" ends in tragedy.    Sooner or later some weak mind will take these diatribes to heart and murder a doctor in his church because some religious group doesn't agree with his medical ethics. Or open fire at a political meeting because some one declares that political group evil and that they "deserve to die".. The saddest part is that the fear/hate mongers refuse to accept any responsibility for their actions....  
I think it would be wise to look under the surface and ascertain the real agenda behind these "contest" and where the $$$$ are coming from to support them.....      

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 05/30/15 at 16:08:52

I imagine it's haters of Muslims...
...and the hope is that all this display of rage will discourage immigration, and maybe even make some Muslims here,.. leave...

The problem is,.. those will be the wrong Muslims...
Muslims that don't want any trouble, and are fearful...

On the other hand,.. the raging loons that want to kill us, will only be encouraged...
Yea protest!... Huh...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/30/15 at 17:45:43

What was the motivation behind the Broadway musical The Book of Mormon? Did any of you question why it was written or performed? Did you have any empathy towards Mormons who were upset  because they were presented in a manner they objected to? Had there been violence, would you have said the writers asked for it?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/30/15 at 17:52:50

I think it would be wise to look under the surface and ascertain the real agenda behind these "contest" and where the $$$$ are coming from to support them.....      

The organizer is a former Marine and his motivation is pretty clear. It's on his t-shirt: Fxxk Islam.

The Texas cartoon organizer was Pam Gellar and her motivation is well known, Neither appear to be about money. They are not Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson types.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 05/30/15 at 18:15:30

But where's the money coming from?
Ohh, gee, wouldn't it be bad if there was a nice societal problem with violence,,, gee, what ever would we DO?
Most would demand that the government step in and,,,

You lose,  
Soros has dumped millions into creating racial tension, hot spots are created. Now, a bit of religious conflict to stir in,
They need a problem big enough to make their presence and power
The Answer
Before the economy causes it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/30/15 at 19:16:31

There isn't any real money needed for that phoenix cartoon event.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #13 - 05/30/15 at 20:07:14

The organizer is a former Marine and his motivation is pretty clear. It's on his t-shirt: Fxxk Islam.

"Former Marine" Uhu ??? I wonder what his MOS was ???  Because he sounds like one of the REMFs that used racial slurs about the Black and Hispanic grunts.   Angry

I wonder what his DD-214 has to say, or if he even has one....
Amazing how many wanttobe  badasses come out of the woodwork claiming to have been Marines, or Airborne, or Rangers, or Special Forces ..... The truth usually comes out and usually they never even made it past the recruiter, if they even got that far.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 05/30/15 at 20:14:09

I believe the fault lies on both, parties.

One, the cartoon contest people.
A primary reason is to inflame another group.
(In THIS Country, their RIGHT)
Not a Privilege, but a  RIGHT.
(well till, King Bama takes that, 'RIGHT' away)

The other, for a group of people, to react, by,
’SHOOTING’ Someone!

How different is this than,  two people,
wanting a ‘cake’ made for them to celebrate, something?
They SOUGHT OUT, someone who would NOT,
make their cake, because of that persons convictions?
They Sued, and WON?

Is this cartoon contest, fueled by someone, for some reason?
(Sure Lots of reasons)

But, it would become, a, ’No Event”.

IF, the people who a cartoon was made of, did NOTHING.
Then, (It's no fun anymore), the people doing the cartoon contests, would not do them.

So, No One has ever made, a Cartoon about Joseph Smith, or Jesus?
And if they had, What, ‘Avenging Angels, or, ‘Knights Templar’
SHOT AT SOMEONE, for doing that ???

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 20:48:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Arizona cartoons...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.