Send Topic Print
RC Stuff (Read 143 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: RC Stuff
Reply #15 - 04/26/15 at 19:28:10

Thank you very much. FPV,, just not knowing what to look for.. such neat stuff is available now.
Key fob cameras, ten bux, who knew?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 04/27/15 at 15:12:41

I used to fly CL. My culminating project was a modified Nobler set up with three wires for throttle control. I still have a dusty old Flight Streak in the basement with an Enya .35 on it.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 04/27/15 at 17:22:10

I flew a Buster,, smaller leading edge, lower profile wing. I did build a Flite StreaK for a.15 for the first plane. They are Tuff. I smashed and repaired it many times. One of the last.35 planes I built was a Streak,too, I built it with the trailing edges hinged and operated opposite direction of the elevators.
I liked slotting the fuselage and epoxying in a 1oz lead weight. Wingover, pop the last three fingers open, close, and the plane could be made to fly backwards for a coupla feet. Naturally not a good idea in slow combat.
Worked with the Buster, too.
I ran six gallons of fuel through the Enya before it needed a piston and sleeve. Man those were some times.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 04/27/15 at 20:41:08

I had planned to purchase a quad copter this past summer with the intent to use it for filming for Television News, Surveyors and Realtors.
I see the need for them in the future, but now I will have to get a license to just fly one if it has a camera, and cannot sell any video I take.
It would prove to be a great business venture for me here in florida (filming advertisements for the area), but since I cannot sell said video, it might not be in my future, unless I hire on to the businesses for the time I take the video, but would not receive any proceeds from it.
FPV is also questionable now.... you have to have two people if one is wearing a full FPV setup (well goggles anyway).
One must see the actual "vehicle" and surrounding objects, other restrictions are left to the local laws....such as not flying over crowds, or flying dangerously close to buildings and vehicles.
Going to have to study the actual laws one would have to go by, as I am within a few miles of two air force bases and two airports.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 04/28/15 at 05:20:01

Im in the boonies and on my own land..

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #20 - 04/29/15 at 05:51:19

I had a Buster too. Great plane. Most of my engines were Fox. Cheap to buy and nearly indestructible as long as you used castor oil as the lubricant.
(I love the smell of hot castor oil n the morning.) Grin
Dd you know that a lot of the engines n WWI aircraft used castor oil as the lubricant? Pilots would get it in the face as they flew and wound up with diarrhea- to the point that some wore diapers. Shocked

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 04/29/15 at 06:18:13

arteacher wrote on 04/29/15 at 05:51:19:
Dd you know that a lot of the engines n WWI aircraft used castor oil as the lubricant? Pilots would get it in the face as they flew and wound up with diarrhea- to the point that some wore diapers. Shocked

I went to a WWI flight weekend at the Wright Patterson Airforce base in Dayton, Ohio a few years ago.  They had a few planes that used the original LeRhone rotary engines.  The engine has an oil pump that mixes the oil with the fuel/are mix.  The valve gear is exposed and the unburned castor oil that comes out the exhaust is a mist that lands on the exposed valve gear and keeps it lubricated.  The engines have shrouding that is supposed to keep the exhaust and oil going under the plane, and when the plane lands the entire bottom of the plane is coated and dripping with oil.  Some of the oil does make it's way to the top of the fuselage and to the pilot.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 21:18:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › RC Stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.