"suzuki" in Japanese? (Read 114 times)
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
"suzuki" in Japanese?
04/22/15 at 08:15:32

Hi all, first of all may I congratulate you on such a great forum  Cool
My question is this; does anyone know what the word "suzuki" or "savage" is in it's native Japanese script/alphabet? If someone could post a picture, that would be great. I'm thinking about a potential new paint-job and although I'd like to steer clear of the brand/model name, as such, on the tank (to add an air of mystery, lol) I'd still like to acknowledge Suzuki in the form of a symbol on the tank.
Many thanks  Wink

Edit: I found this as a starting point http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPANESE-SYMBOL-FOR-SUZUKI-STICKER-DECAL-GRAPHIC-LO...   Roll Eyes

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: "suzuki" in Japanese?
Reply #1 - 04/22/15 at 08:52:48

Great idea!... Wink...
Maybe this?...
http://www.jp41.com/kanji/savage.html

Maybe incorporate the flag into the paint theme?...

"Hovis Presley"... Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
Reply #2 - 04/22/15 at 10:32:13

Yep those would be the the kanji symbols yours says suzuki with the first symbol meaning small bell and the second symbol ki means tree. Serow's symbol is pronounced ebisu meaning savage.

There are four different ways of writing japanese kanji, as above,  with  characters having a group of words or thoughts. Hiragana is japanese words spelled phonetically. Katakana are foreign words written phonetically. Also romaji(roman alphabet) which is what we see and pronounce phonetically like suzuki, karate, sushi, or mitsubishi every syllable a symbol.

So you could use katakana スズキ or hiragana すずきas well for suzuki.  also ebisu or banjin, gaijin for savage but they have many different words for it.  What about a solo seat done with a rising sun design in leather or powdercoat the hub and spoke with the  japanese flag design. Hope this helps and がんばつて.  Smiley

Also if anyones curious about learning japanese, german or any language. Check out pimsleurs, it was very helpful.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #3 - 04/26/15 at 15:57:13

Many thanks for the ideas and info, guys. For the tank I was thinking along the lines of this design (see photo), but instead using a deep red/burgundy and black. I think the Japanese symbol may get etched/engraved into the side of the engine, maybe the clutch cover......we shall see....I'm still in the 'dreaming stage' at the moment.

PS. The photo is of someone else's bike on ebuy.

_57_001.JPG

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 21:35:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › "suzuki" in Japanese?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.