Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Sigh... tires
Reply #15 - 04/15/15 at 03:33:40

Most likely any new tire you buy will work just fine....you have some good recommendations for tires that work well on the Savage...I am surprised that only one member mentioned the Michelin Commander II....they have very high ratings and work well for folks who put on a lot of miles.

The only tires I have ever hated are the ones that are 12 years old and have 9,000 miles on them....they just don't work well when they are that old and worn.  The bike rode so much nicer with new tires installed.

If you are riding 2,000 - 3,000 miles a year.......you will wear your tires out before they get too old and ride poorly.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #16 - 04/15/15 at 18:13:29

I have the Cdr IIs, recommended hereon and by two bike stores over Metzler for cruisers in hot Houston.  But only about enough miles to wear off the wax, so I didn't have experience to comment.  They weren't the cheapest either, but I got a deal on the bike and knew I was gonna get good rubber.  They feel good so far; no rain yet; no serious hot roads either.  Trusting advice.

Be well...

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Drey
YaBB Newbies

Seattle, WA
Reply #17 - 04/25/15 at 08:46:44

Hey guys, thanks again for the advice. I got the D404s installed and I've put a bit over 100 miles on them. They seem pretty good.

I do have a quick question about tire pressure though. I assume the front tire will be the same as stock but I put a different size on the rear, 140/90-15. Do any of you know off hand what pressures I need? Or a good place to find it? I've found maxs but that doesn't seem overly useful.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 04/25/15 at 08:56:29

Around 30psi front and rear...

I over-inflate to 32lbs in,... and by the time I check it again (infrequently)... it's usually in the low 20's...
It ain't that critical...  (a couple lbs lower is nice for potholed roads,... it might hurt your mpg's a tiny bit)... (it can also affect tire wear,.. but bikes only wear out the center patch anyway, so tire deformation don't matter that much)...
JMHO... Undecided...

Anywhere from 28psi to 34psi, ballpark.... whatever feels good to you...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 04/25/15 at 09:08:40

I used the recommended pressures for the bike as noted on the belt guard.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:41:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sigh... tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.