Send Topic Print
voodoo build input (Read 133 times)
mpbannon60
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

voodoo build input
04/07/15 at 14:18:49

New to the forum my first ever bike was a suzuki savage i loved that bike until i upgraded to a cbr. I have since bought another savage and a voodoo frame just waiting for it to ship out. My question is whats the best option for the wiring? Keeping it all stock or have others done that chopped wiring? Also does the chain conversion hit the frame where as a tensioner is needed? Keeping the stock wheels affect the lean(plan on getting the bigger rear tire 150/90 i believe it is) or is it just the risk of snagging speed bumps and what not? And last question maybe voodoo can answer this whats the normal turn around time from order until its ready to ship?
Sorry for all the questions im pretty excited about this project and just want to try and get all the parts/prepare for any potential problems ive trolled most of the voodoo build threads and other hardtail treads
Thanks
Matt

IP Logged
nickythegreek

Re: voodoo build input
Reply #1 - 04/08/15 at 10:08:29

You can follow my vv build over here.

You will need a chain tensioner.  I had it wired using alot of the stock harness and hiding everything (tight fit) in a fake oil tank but will probably scrap as much as a I can to reduce the bulk when it is rewired after painting.

WWW   IP Logged
mpbannon60
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/08/15 at 10:49:33

I have also already been following yours to get the general idea of what i need to swap over and what not just got the sprockets and chain in so basically im collecting parts haha
How long did it take for you to get your frame roughly from order to delivery?

IP Logged
nickythegreek

Reply #3 - 04/09/15 at 14:00:04

13 days from placing my order to receiving my hard tail.

WWW   IP Logged
FDM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

North Shore MA
Reply #4 - 04/10/15 at 05:14:04

Welcome,
Are you doing a hard tail or did you order a complete frame? Obviously they are two different animals. Can't comment on potential chain clearance issues with a complete frame except to say that I can't recall ever seeing a completed Voodoo bike that didn't employ some type of chain tensioner. As you probably picked up on Nicky's thread the cross peice that is giving him clearance issues was easily removed from my hardtail.  If that is the only spot there's an issue hopefully I'll be alright. It appears that my chain will clear the frame but it will be very tight in a couple spots and I'll still need a tensioner cause there's no room for slap.

87 Savage currently receiving a total rebuild
79 XS 650 Special (stock)
  IP Logged
FDM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

North Shore MA
Reply #5 - 04/10/15 at 05:19:18

Turn around time from Voodoo was pretty fast when I ordered(2/14). Two weeks tops. Nothing else has been quick about this build.

87 Savage currently receiving a total rebuild
79 XS 650 Special (stock)
  IP Logged
mpbannon60
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/10/15 at 05:44:10

I'm doing the mk33 weld on hard tail.  I have a spare frame, a complete bike I'm using for ALL the parts (motor harness ect).  The chain with sprockets and an idea for a false oil can which would be a piece of pvc pipe with caps depending how it looks. I plan on getting the clamp on chain tensioner from monster craftsman. Also I plan on sourcing all the fittings and tabs for like the brakes from the old frame and just cutting them off and welding them to the voo doo frame, unless you guys did something else?

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #7 - 09/26/15 at 21:55:08

how's the build coming along?

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:39:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › voodoo build input

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.