Send Topic Print
Oil filter O-ring (Read 302 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Oil filter O-ring
Reply #15 - 04/02/15 at 20:47:53

Once you know what size, go to a hydraulic supply or any industrial supply, get a few of each. They last more than a few oil changes.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 04/06/15 at 04:37:10

youzguyz wrote on 08/08/13 at 08:54:55:
Oil Filter O-ring
Copy/Paste from post by HondaLavis before it gets lost in the general mish-mash of the universe
=========================================
Did some looking to compare the dimensions of the stock o-ring to the assortment they had at O'Reilly's.  The stock dimensions are 2.4mm thickness, 15.8mm inner diameter.  The assorted individual o-rings were all SAE.  The closest was 3/32 thickness, 5/8 inner diameter.  Translate that to metric, that's a 2.3813mm thickness, and 15.8750mm inner diameter.  I can't imagine a couple of hundredths of a MILLIMETER making a huge difference.

For anyone else who needs this O-ring, it should be #114 at O'Reilly's.  All  said and done, I spent $0.65.  And, YES, it will be fine in the oil.   Wink

::UPDATE::

I just put it on, and it fits just fine.  Nice and tight around the fitting to the filter, and it provides positive pressure when you push the filter against it.  Again, to any of you with PO's who lost an o-ring (because none of US have ever lost them, right?  Roll Eyes )  here is the $0.65 answer.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/29/20 at 07:36:05

Dave wrote on 04/06/15 at 04:37:10:
youzguyz wrote on 08/08/13 at 08:54:55:
Oil Filter O-ring
Copy/Paste from post by HondaLavis before it gets lost in the general mish-mash of the universe
=========================================
Did some looking to compare the dimensions of the stock o-ring to the assortment they had at O'Reilly's.  The stock dimensions are 2.4mm thickness, 15.8mm inner diameter.  The assorted individual o-rings were all SAE.  The closest was 3/32 thickness, 5/8 inner diameter.  Translate that to metric, that's a 2.3813mm thickness, and 15.8750mm inner diameter.  I can't imagine a couple of hundredths of a MILLIMETER making a huge difference.

For anyone else who needs this O-ring, it should be #114 at O'Reilly's.  All  said and done, I spent $0.65.  And, YES, it will be fine in the oil.   Wink

::UPDATE::

I just put it on, and it fits just fine.  Nice and tight around the fitting to the filter, and it provides positive pressure when you push the filter against it.  Again, to any of you with PO's who lost an o-ring (because none of US have ever lost them, right?  Roll Eyes )  here is the $0.65 answer.

Bump!

This post saved me the grief of ordering a $10 replacement o-ring off eBay/Amazon. Rather than pay an exorbitant amount of money and wait for shipping I was able to pick three up locally. FYI, five years after Dave's post these now cost $0.99.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 06:13:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil filter O-ring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.