ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: wont start
Reply #15 - 04/11/15 at 17:22:57

you may not have it licked yet.
that seems to say you're still not getting gas.
yet your volts with a meter.
you need 10v for a spark.

WWW   IP Logged
JBK

MS
Reply #16 - 04/13/15 at 12:50:41

After charging battery overnight, a little sweet talk, and rubbing in ways my wife would get jealous over, I got her running and running right.  She's a fickle beast at best.

IP Logged
JBK

MS
Reply #17 - 04/20/15 at 19:21:26

Maybe I jumped the gun.  Haven't gotten to ride lately due to crappy MS weather.  Jumped on today and no juice.  Jumped off with car, cranks right up.  But when cables are off lights go dim and she spit and sputtered awful.  Now with cables it rev'd just fine. Np.  But on her own, just weak and acts like starving for fuel.  Can't pull throttle back a hair without it hesitating.  Bad battery or other?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #18 - 04/21/15 at 07:00:39

Take the battery someplace that can properly load test it. Until you know for sure that the battery is, or isn't, any good you're not going to solve this. I don't know how cold it gets where you are, but if the battery went dead while the the bike was sitting, and the temperature got below freezing for a day or two, the water in the battery might have frozen.
If that happened it doesn't matter how new the battery is. It's junk.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 04/21/15 at 07:17:33

Last summer Oldfellor, and I were down visiting MMRanch at his house, and we had another member coming to meet us and go to the Lynchburg rally.  The fellows bike ran fine to come meet us - but when he went to start the bike the battery was dead.  We put it in a charger for a while and the battery just wouldn't come up to voltage - so we jumped the bike and got is started and unhooked the jumper cables.  It was running OK......and after a couple of minutes I made the mistake of hitting his horn button (curiosity sometimes gets the best of me), and the bike began to spit and sputter and cough.  In a minute or two the bike started to idle OK again - but you could not add throttle for a bit longer.  After a few minutes we saddled up and rode to the show - then got another jump for him to get home.

The lesson I learned - is that a bad battery can cause the bike to spit and cough and sputter when the battery is in poor health...even though it can idle OK.  The spark plug and coil have to work harder when the throttle and/or rpm increase.....so your problem could very well be caused by a weak battery.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
JBK

MS
Reply #20 - 04/21/15 at 11:11:43

Will get it load tested today and update

IP Logged
JBK

MS
Reply #21 - 04/23/15 at 07:31:40

Load tested batt.  Deader than dead. Lesson learned.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:18:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wont start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.