Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Looking to buy a windshield for a S40, need help. (Read 202 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Looking to buy a windshield for a S40, need he
Reply #15 - 04/05/15 at 10:12:02

I got the slipstream hellfire for the wife's LS650 savage, it has the elkhorn? bars (tall ones), it was a challenge to make them fit, but they do fit.
I like the fact that they mount in 4 places not just 2.
Make sure when its mounted that she is looking OVER the windscreen, not through it, glare during the night or from a rising sun or setting sun will block her vision, most windscreens tend to bend the view a little causing for riding mistakes ... and we don't want those.
Look to spend on the average of $170 to $250 on a small bike windscreen... unless you find one on craigslist in your area.

The picture on the Slipstream site shows it mounted to a S40
http://slipstreamer.com/motorcycle/hellfire/

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #16 - 04/05/15 at 14:43:14

In my country Art Webb, they're $300 plus new. I got a second hand one for about $120.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #17 - 04/05/15 at 15:11:56

That is expensive, wonder how much of that is taxes  / duties, etc?

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #18 - 04/05/15 at 16:49:10

New question...  Mine came with a small windshield can't find name.  Blocks wind on chest, not hands though.  Flat metal brackets with  bottoms that wrap around the top of the fork tubes.  Seems solid, but not adjustable.  Nicely curved.  Doesn't say Suzuki on it.

But what I'm asking about is a suitable CAFE FAIRING-BIKINI FAIRING for an S40 with lower bar setup?  One that doesn't look twice to big for this bike.  No pictures even on the RYCA builds.  None available?  Anyone.

DSCN2800.JPG

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 01:51:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking to buy a windshield for a S40, need help.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.