wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Booties...!
04/02/15 at 20:19:03

see what you made me do... Grin

booties__1.jpg

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Booties...!
Reply #1 - 04/02/15 at 20:21:41

Grin

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #2 - 04/05/15 at 15:24:20

This inspired me as well. Except I went the easy route and bought the procomp shock boots, split them, fit them then zip tied them on. My fork seals were just replaced a few hundred miles ago and I should have done the proper boots then but didn't. I'll keep the setup I have now until I tear the front end down again then I'll swap to the actual fork tube boots.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #3 - 04/05/15 at 16:12:48

Mine are Rancho, they are slit, and if you look carefully you can see the zip tie tails sticking out to the sides; not clipped yet.  

Update.  I did cut off the slit section end and the other end collar is too small for the fork tubes, so I trimmed off the inside ridges and used two HD zip ties, and it went all the way around tight.  Push them upwards really firmly against the lower triple as you pull the zip ties tight.  

Tried dabs of super glue to hold the bellows back together, didn't stick so I overlapped them a bit and kept the zip ties around the pleats a bit loose so the bootie will slide up and down without dragging.  

Also added a long zip tie around the bottom pleat and threaded it thru/under the back part of the fork brace to keep the bootie down on the brace.  

Went riding and they stayed in place fine.    Longer narrower zip ties would be nice.  

Happy whatever holiday of your choice this weekend.   Smiley

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 18:29:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Booties...!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.