Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Make your own ear plugs with ear buds (Read 35 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Make your own ear plugs with ear buds
03/25/15 at 03:29:16

I ride with ear plugs to cut down on wind noise - and when I install the plugs it makes it a bit hard to hear the speakers in the helmet headset.  I tried just inserting ear buds connected to my headset - but when I put my helmet on they fall out, and any little tug on the wires when I turn my head would pull the ear buds out...I needed a way to hold them in better.

I found out you can buy a rubber putty and make your own ear buds for pretty cheap.  You can buy a specific putty at outdoor stores in the shooting supplies - but I don't have a Gander Mountain around and I was didn't want to double the price by paying shipping online.

I did find that Hobby Lobby has "Mold Putty", and it works fine and you get a lot of it for $ 20....enough to make about 6 pairs.  I did make a set and they do sound really good and I can put my helmet on and they don't pull out.....still not really fond of that cord dangling around and I wish I could find a headset with a 6" long chord instead of 36" long.

Here is a "how to" for the project that is well done.  I didn't cut the holes with the Knife - I used a drill bit held in my fingers and twisted as I pushed...and it worked well.

http://www.howtogeek.com/57481/how-to-make-custom-silicone-ear-molds-for-your...

IMG_0852_002.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Make your own ear plugs with ear buds
Reply #1 - 03/25/15 at 03:47:24

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:21:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Make your own ear plugs with ear buds

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.