Send Topic Print
Rearsets options? (Read 67 times)
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Rearsets options?
03/02/15 at 16:56:11

Are there any other options that the $500 bracket and shifters from RYCA?  The bike builds all seem to fabricate their own.  I'm not a welder, but I can drill holes carefully.  Just asking... having a hard time with not being used to the forward controls.  My feet don't want to go there without deliberate concentration.

Thanks again.

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Rearsets options?
Reply #1 - 03/02/15 at 18:14:30

My Savage was my first cruiser...and the seating and peg position was a bit of an adjustment for sure.  However it only takes a week or two and it will start to feel normal. Another adjustment comes every time I ride a bike with floorboards....seems weird to have to lift your foot to reach the brake pedal.....I am used to it being under the ball of my foot.

Rear sets would be a strange fit for the stock cruiser seat....it is low, the rear set pegs are high and far back.  I think it would be really uncomfortable - Cafe' bikes and street trackers have much higher seat heights, and it provides the seating position needed for the rear set pegs.

If you are not a fabricator....buy the rear set and kick stand mounts from RYCA. It would take days and days to cut and build your own....even if you did have a welder and knew how to use it.   I bought the parts from RYCA and they fit well.....but I used pegs and pedals from Dime City as I don't like how far the toe pedals stick out on the RYCA pegs.  I also had to build my own shift and brake linkage.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Rearsets options?
Reply #2 - 03/02/15 at 19:28:13

What is the inseam on your pants?
Is the bike stock?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:22:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rearsets options?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.