Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ESAD (Read 197 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ESAD
02/26/15 at 11:13:11

SO wheeler actually did ( according to Yahoo). ISPs in the US are now subject to Title II. I hate it had to be this way, but when basically criminally powerful ISPs pushed too far... it became "revenge of the nerds".

I do truly believe that without the support of online communities, the ISPs would have won... again. Further, this is a win that needs to happen in many more venues and one that needs to be kept front and center in the media and in Washington.

For those of you that have bought the "paid for" canned responses WRITTEN by Comcast and espoused by several Republicans.. please consider looking deep into the bowels of the problem and stop being distracted by the joke/lies of the major ISPs.

Anyway.. happy day for ALL internet users... not so much for ISPs, who will certainly look to jack up prices as quickly as possible before their insanely profitable cash-cow gets opened up.

(there was a report that Time-Warner made 97% profit on residential internet service)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ES
Reply #1 - 02/26/15 at 14:53:52

yea, cause every time Uncle Sam gets involved in something to make it "fair" it always gets better...... not.

Terrible day. Nothing's broke, but the Fed's metaphorically pushed the glass vase off the table and it's on the way to the floor, soon to be in a million pieces.....

You 'hate the rich crowd' just kill me....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/26/15 at 17:05:19

Pine, when the obvious becomes obvious even to you, I hope that you'll have the class to realize that your grasp of things isn't sufficient to allow you to have opinions. People like you are dangerous.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 02/26/15 at 17:16:33

You guys are nutty...
I don't want my provider directing where I can go...

PS... Pine,.. I had to think about  "ESAD"...
I got it though... Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 02/26/15 at 18:42:03

Currently, I pay $45 a month for high speed internet.  I have had no problems or issues of any kind out of my provider.  I'm curious to see what kinds of taxes & surcharges they will tack on to justify their services.

There is an enormous amount of information they are currently unable to manipulate, control, and disseminate.  Currently, there are 6 corporations that control every form of media in this country.  

Smiley

Best regards,  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 02/26/15 at 18:46:05

Yeah I don't know anything about it, but I suspect if the gubermint gets its hands on it, we will have to pay somehow.

Glad you figgered out that pine was only sharing a page from his families home cooked recipe book bot. Seems he treasures his own stew.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 02/26/15 at 18:49:59

Relax. This will turn into a huge regulatory clusterf**k just like all the other big government regulatory agency worm - rassles, and the rich, or smart, or both,folks on either side of the argument will bribe, blackmail, threaten, or lawsuit their way into getting what they think they want. They'll win some some of the time and some of the time they won't; just like everyone else that has to deal with government regulations and regulators does.

It aint the end of the internet, or free speech, or the beginning of a new breath of freedom either. Nor is it going to protect us little people from the evil greedy corporations or them from us. It's just the same old Washington bullsh*t in a different sack.  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/26/15 at 19:18:16

oldNslow wrote on 02/26/15 at 18:49:59:
Relax. This will turn into a huge regulatory clusterf**k just like all the other big government regulatory agency worm - rassles, and the rich, or smart, or both,folks on either side of the argument will bribe, blackmail, threaten, or lawsuit their way into getting what they think they want. They'll win some some of the time and some of the time they won't; just like everyone else that has to deal with government regulations and regulators does.

It aint the end of the internet, or free speech, or the beginning of a new breath of freedom either. Nor is it going to protect us little people from the evil greedy corporations or them from us. It's just the same old Washington bullsh*t in a different sack.  

Now that I can understand  Grin

Edit: Please ask pine to pass the turdball please   Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #8 - 02/26/15 at 20:04:33

Serowbot wrote on 02/26/15 at 17:16:33:
PS... Pine,.. I had to think about  "ESAD"...
I got it though... Grin Grin Grin...

I'm still thinking, but it's late. I don't get it.  Huh

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 02/26/15 at 21:18:33

[quote author=0A3328327170410 link=1424977991/0#8 date=1425009873]Serowbot wrote on 02/26/15 at 17:16:33:
I'm still thinking, but it's late. I don't get it.  Huh

Start with EAT,  and then DIE...

I can't believe you guys are so anti-goobment to your own detriment...
Just look to the latest vitamin/supplement news to see what an unregulated industry will do for you...
We,.. literally owe our lives to government regulation...

People, interpersonallyare amazingly good and decent,.. but, when it comes to business... screwing is de rigueur...
I don't understand how people can sleep at night with the things they do for the almighty buck...
That's why I do everything I can for myself...

This may be a defining difference between lib and rep...
We trust government more than business... You trust business more than government...
Ask this?... what control do you have over the governance of corporations?...
At least with government you get a vote...
Ask this?... do you expect your beef to be beef?.. or horse meat?.. or dog meat?... Do you trust for-profit decision makers to give you fair value?...
You are too naive...  
We need representatives to insure that our drugs, foods, water, and so many things are fairly represented... including our access to information on the net... (especially you righty/conspiracy folks)...

Admittedly,... lobbying is corrupting our government,.. but this is just another example of the money directing decisions...
We can work to remove the influence of money from government,... but corporations run on it...
They are corrupt by nature...
Do you know a good mechanic?...
Are your vitamins anything more than rice powder and garlic dust?...
Did you really need that bypass surgery?...
So many products and services are screwing us all the time...
This is what Jesus meant when he spoke of the rich man's chance of going to heaven... money is corrupting...

Our guard dog is fat... he don't guard so good...
That don't mean he isn't needed... it means he needs to go a diet...
We don't need to the government of of business,.. we need to get the business out of our government...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 02/27/15 at 05:00:32

Serobot,

You are entirely correct that some level of regulation in some industries is necessary and desirable. That's what the FDA, FCC, SEC, FTA and all the other alphabet agencys were created for, and are supposed to do. Unfortunately that isn't what they actually do a lot of the time.

Their functions have been co-opted by which ever regime happens to be in charge at any given time - and it makes no difference whether that regime happens to be Republican or Democrat, liberal of conservative, pro buisness or anti buisness; those agency's are simply used as tools to bludgeon the political foes of whomever is in charge, and to reward their friends and contributors.

That's not the way things are supposed to work, but it is exactly the way it actually works most of the time.

This internet stuff is not going to be any different.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 02/27/15 at 05:11:17

Not a bad way to seperate the masses.....
Trust government or trust business more?

I trust business more. I can walk away from a business if I want.

If some unelected bureaucrat or traitorous president like Hopey-change decides it's in his interest to target me, I'm screwed. If I made income selling ammo, I just got f'd yesterday by 1 person out of 300 million in this country.

Trump, Gates, Forbes, Rockfeller, Soros, Kochs,  last time I checked ,none of them reach into my pocket and took money out. I give them money for goods and services.

When they do screw me without my voluntary participation, you know how they do it? They buy politicians to rule over me.

Anyone who says they trust government more...should reach between their legs, feel those two round things there?....Use them.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 02/27/15 at 05:55:57

WebsterMark wrote on 02/27/15 at 05:11:17:

Well said,  Smiley.

WM also eluded to a new executive order.  Our commander in chief thought it is in our best interest to ban 223 ammo.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 02/27/15 at 07:42:22

As I said, this topic is beyond my grasp, and I don't drink kool-aid by mouthing the parties leadership as we good, they bad, yada,yada,yada....

That mindset is killing this country.

I do however have a question, wasn't the biggest OS provider and software developer trying to squash competition, demanding retailers to only load his programs, or else?
And isn't Gates a big lib?  

One more question too. When telephones were becoming more readily available, radio, TV, etc, were not policies are laws set up to make sure no one  entity could grab a monopoly on them?

If yes, how does this new regulation compare to those?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 02/27/15 at 07:46:01

pg wrote on 02/27/15 at 05:55:57:
WebsterMark wrote on 02/27/15 at 05:11:17:

Well said,  Smiley.

WM also eluded to a new executive order.  Our commander in chief thought it is in our best interest to ban 223 ammo.

Best regards,

That is not a absolute true statement.
If you live in area where only one utility company delivers the service, you is stuck with that. Yes, you could move, but lets get realistic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 23:04:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › WOOT! One for the good guys Republicans can ESAD

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.