Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Challenge for MMRanch (Read 137 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
New Challenge for MMRanch
02/13/15 at 03:03:55

Seeing as you are retired, and have a very lovely and understanding wife.....you should do what this woman did.  (Your not going to let a girl beat you?)!

Take the Iron Butt Coast to Coast to Coast Insanity Ride.  Kate Johnson just did it....she covered 10,767 miles in 24 days.  She actually rode 13,560 miles - but I guess the miles from her house to the coast doesn't add to the total.

You can do it MM.....I will even be a sponsor and buy your Mountain Dew!

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/kate-johnston-coast-to-coast-to-coast-in...

« Last Edit: 02/13/15 at 10:44:43 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: New Challenge for MMRanch
Reply #1 - 02/13/15 at 06:58:26

Don't do  it Mike -- most of them Iron Butt people tend to hang their helmets up after they limp on home after riding that far on our style of bikes.   You have to do serious maintenance on your bike during trips like these too.

"She switched tires twice, starting out on Michelin Anakee 3s, switching to Heidenau K60s for the long, unpaved stretches in Alaska, and fitting Metzeler Tourances for the last leg. The foul weather and grime of the Dalton Highway destroyed her chain, so it was replaced in mid-trip."

All them narsty evil retired hardcore Goldwind guys egg them along during the Iron Butt portion, then the Goldwing guys loop on back up themselves for the Trans Canada/Alaska circuit before dropping down & doing the South America tour.

Fall in with a crowd like that and we'll never see you again .... you'll always be gone.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 02/13/15 at 09:03:27

If that looks fun,... you're doing it wrong... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 02/13/15 at 21:02:11

Bot nailed it ...  Shocked

If that looks fun,... you're doing it wrong... Grin..  

I know a guy in our CMA group that did the 1000 mile Iron butt.   Said the last two hours he spent circling Nashville on the interstate at 90 mph.   The way I under stood it was "after 800 miles you might not care if you get a speeding ticket ".  Just let it be over !!!  Grin  

My hats off to that lady who did the coast-cubed.   She is defiantly a Better Woman Than I Am ...  Wink

The Texas ride this year will be about 2100 miles just getting there and back (over 4 days)  Cheesy     Fact is : If anybody from North of Lynchburg wanted to ... they could "lay-over at my place"  on the way.  I'd have a ridding partner for the first day too.  
Seems to me the best ride plan would be to visit our  Savage riders all along the way.  Smiley
Come to think of it ... (Idea !!!  Cheesy)   My yard could be a Free Campground in the Lynchburg area (for a day or two) to our Savage friends.   Weather I'm on the particular ride or not .   I know if I was going to SD this fall it would be a lot better to camp in member's yards than to camp at KOA's along the way , and easier on the pocket book too .  

I was wondering why that  Lady didn't shoot the Wolf so the next person would have to deal with it  ? Huh     Mabby BMW riders don't tote ?  Smiley  go figure

13,500 miles / 24 days = 562.5 day   That would be fun the first week !  Wink "On good roads  Roll Eyes     She spent the next 24 days "Cleaning her bike "

Dave , we should do a ride up the parkway if we can line-up enough campgrounds or yards .   Roll Eyes after the weather warms up a lot .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 02/14/15 at 04:36:09

MM:

I was hoping you would become the roaming ambassador of the Savage Brotherhood!  And unlike OF....I figure we would see you more often as you travel through our neighborhoods and need a shower, camping spot, tire change.....or a bike bath!

So far I am a lightweight, wimp, sissy type rider.  I did 570 miles in one day last year on the Moonshine lunch run....and near the end my butt was so tired of sittin'!  I had that tender butt, can't get comfortable wish I could stand up feeling for the last hour of the trip.

Yeah, I would like to squeeze in a Parkway ride with you.  If I bring the ST1100 and you ride your Sportster Pack Mule - we could pack plenty of gear to make our camping tolerable.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 02/14/15 at 08:01:16

I think this is an idea who's time has come !  Roll Eyes

I was hoping you would become the roaming ambassador of the Savage Brotherhood!  And unlike OF....I figure we would see you more often as you travel through our neighborhoods and need a shower, camping spot, tire change.....or a bike bath!

We should have had it long ago.   So I'll be  "One of the First" to open my yard to travelers passing my way ... being as how I have a very understanding wife and all  Smiley

Should it be a sticky ? and are we getting to many sticky's ?  

OldRider and myself can be the first travelers in need if anyone has a yard and a shower in the Baton Rouge area.    It should be established up front that riders "Bring-your-own-Towel"  even my wife draws the line somewhere.  Grin (picture 10 travelers all in need of towels)

Savage Brotherhood  has a good sound to it !  Cool   Yea - sign-me up.

part of my yard:

0829140902-00.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 02/14/15 at 10:59:18

solar shower

Lots of options.
A coupla tarps from HF, a bag of water hanging in a tree, a grill, a coupla guys otta be able to make the night and have a good time at it.
MM, you got a good place. Nice yard,man. You got a place for a fire?
We got a fire pit with the steel grate cover,, never found reason to fire it up, but, if we have people over and it is THAT time of year,, we are ready... I can find wood,, anyway, you can get someone set up about like a KOA campground with just a little bit of time.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 02/14/15 at 21:16:24

Justin wrote :

Nice yard,man. You got a place for a fire?

Would like to get over to East Texas sometime and put some dinner on the grates with ya.

I copied my fire pit after the one at the Dragon.   Mine only sits 8 or 10 but there is a near by picnic table  and a gold fish pond sitting wall.  Nothing real fancy .    I  usually have wood left over from the winter but after this winter there won't be as much as last year !  Cheesy   Well , if one of your rides ever get near southern-middle TN remember I've got a yard to camp in.  There is part of the fire pit / sitting wall on the right. Smiley

Summer_2012_101_001.JPG

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 02/14/15 at 22:11:51

Beautiful setup, just beautiful..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 02/15/15 at 13:47:23

Justin, you jest don't know .....   look down past the flowers and past the picnic table and that is the 150 yard rifle range.    The 500 yard range is across the valley and up the hill from MM's sheltered back porch area.   The pistol area is either way .....

You should plan to come you know, you've never been Dragoning before with us.   Even if you just want to come visit with MM when Lancer and Verslagen are there and jest be sociable a bit .....

If you decide to ride over to MM's, say so early and I'll take a few extra days off and match your days at MM's -- never have had the chance to shake your hand, ever.

..... scroll me, there is a lot to see in the distance on this picture .....

« Last Edit: 02/15/15 at 14:58:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 02/15/15 at 13:48:03

Thank you , thank you very much !  Smiley

I'll also have to ask for forgiveness somewhat ... sometimes I tend to forget some folks don't have big yards with no neighbors .   Last time I lived in town was ... Roll Eyes ... a long time ago  lets see : 100-53+15-8+(-32)+82-22+(19*(100))  or easier said "back in Collage".  

yea , I've seen those black shower/water bags in the camping areas so next would be some privacy .   That sounds easy enough to set up; but what about running to the "Dollar Store" bathroom all the time. ??   One of my brothers and his hunting buddy bring a pop-up-camper and use a trash can liner/5 gallon bucket/and old toilet seat .
 Originally  I was thinking of sharing the house bathroom/shower.  But your right in theory : If I could solve the bathroom  idea , then it wouldn't matter if I was home or not.   But if one (some) of yall was dropping by then I'd try to be here and have plans to "Fire the grill" and set-up a ride .

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:19:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Challenge for MMRanch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.