Why......??? (Read 39 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Why......???
02/08/15 at 09:33:09

Why do people need to minimize those who they don't agree with, basing their opines on assumptions of others to bolster their own beliefs?

With Obama @ the prayer breakfast, what he said was true, time stamp aside, it does not change the fact that religions have been co-opted for people to justify their behavior.

I can honestly question his judgement in stating it, for he would be guilty of "judging" others, the very same act his message is chastising....

I don't for a second think the man is evil or has a sinister plan for the USA, no.
I think he is a "romantic" wishing the best for all, but I don't think that trait is suited for the screwed up decisions the office has to make.

I wouldn't want to be saddled with the consequences myself, I have a very hard time putting down my sick pets, can't imagine putting down people with a spoken word by me.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Why......???
Reply #1 - 02/25/15 at 02:25:23

raydawg wrote on 02/08/15 at 09:33:09:
Why do people need to minimize those who they don't agree with, basing their opines on assumptions of others to bolster their own beliefs?

With Obama @ the prayer breakfast, what he said was true, time stamp aside, it does not change the fact that religions have been co-opted for people to justify their behavior.

I can honestly question his judgement in stating it, for he would be guilty of "judging" others, the very same act his message is chastising....

I don't for a second think the man is evil or has a sinister plan for the USA, no.
I think he is a "romantic" wishing the best for all, but I don't think that trait is suited for the screwed up decisions the office has to make.

I wouldn't want to be saddled with the consequences myself, I have a very hard time putting down my sick pets, can't imagine putting down people with a spoken word by me.....

Ray...

All I can say is:
People tend to believe what is taught to them as adolescents....
As a general belief, one tends to believe that they are "right" in their opinion and cannot seem to defect to another's objecting opinion.
It is the heart of ones essence to KNOW that you are right, because your mind tells you so...
Form your own values....do not let another sway what you have come to believe...or know is right...
Our leader does the same.... is he right? maybe not by some folks standards....
Two more years.... will the next candidate be better?  Be careful what you wish for...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:41:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why......???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.