Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No oil and wont idle. I'm not in a good mood! (Read 270 times)
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Re: No oil and wont idle. I'm not in a good mood!
Reply #15 - 02/04/15 at 09:49:45

Well I think you guys were right about the custom harley adjustment. I checked the hoses and they were good, so I then turned the idle screw 3 times and it started right up. Thanks for all the help. I'm going to install a tachometer. What is a good idle speed?

IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #16 - 02/04/15 at 09:52:46

I spoke too soon. I can get it started now and it's pissing gas everywhere.

IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #17 - 02/04/15 at 10:08:12

The gas that poured out has a black residue in it. I also checked the oil window and that is also black. I pinned the throttle back and held the start button until I got it running. I drove up the street and back. Right when I got to my house it stalled again. Got started again and drove in into the garage. it was idling when I shut it off.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 02/04/15 at 10:26:39

Black gasoline coming from the carb is not a good sign.

I do believe you need to take this motorcycle to someone that is capable and willing to diagnose the problem, and fix it.  It would be nice if the place you bought it from would do it - but I am not sure they can be trusted based on what you have told us about them.

I have not seen anything in this thread yet that makes me believe you have the ability to diagnose and fix the problem....even with our help.

Talk to some folks in your area....find yourself a good mechanic and take your bike there.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #19 - 02/04/15 at 10:41:21

I called harley and they said they would pick the bike up and inspect it.

image_204.jpg
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #20 - 02/04/15 at 10:48:51

More than likely (99% sure) the low oil situation and the lack of running are not related in any way. Work one problem at a time.

Is it possible that the fuel that ran from the carb mixed with oil residue on the frame or case and the oil APPEARS to be mixed with the fuel? There are situations where fuel can mix with oil (associated with ring failure) but none that I can think of where oil gets mixed with the fuel in the carb.

Dave is probably correct, diagnosis of these issues may be beyond your ability. Rather then throwing parts and money at the bike, bring it to a reputable mechanic and I'm sure it will all be resolved in short order.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #21 - 02/04/15 at 11:05:45

I admit, I have very little mechanical experience and I'm happy that at least harley is doing the right thing and is gonna inspect the bike.  there picking it up Tuesday. If this made you guys think I don't have the mechanical ability, I wonder what a disaster the tensioner and head plug will be  Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 02/04/15 at 11:32:59

Dude, I talked a guy through changing the lower ball joint on a car. He was an accountant, hadda Borrow all the tools. He didn't own tools, because he had no desire to use tools.Had I not moved away I would have been the guy doing the job. Instead, I was on the phone all day.
Point is, if you are willing to Do, you'll Get help. We won't leave you hanging. The tensioner is kinda time consuming, but the skill level required is low..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #23 - 02/13/15 at 20:19:12

Update: The dealer picked up the bike tuesday.  I called them today to see what the deal was and they told me the float was stuck.  They pulled the carb, inspected and cleaned, replaced air filter, and changed the oil.  They said it was running great and they were waiting to test ride it.  I asked them if they did a compression test and they service guy said that they probably did, but would find out and call me.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 02/13/15 at 21:00:18

I'm impressed with your dealership. Your story is a rare one.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sterns
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Milford, CT
Reply #25 - 02/14/15 at 10:22:29

yes, I'm also impressed with their customer service.  Other dealers would probably tell me to piss off, but these guys are a good bunch.  Maybe they are the few dealers that realize that good customer service translates to more sales because if I'm ever in the market for a Harley, I will be going to them, even though their are much closer harley dealers.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 02/14/15 at 11:23:45

you could call them and tell them that you appreciate how they are handling things and tell them that if you ever decide to buy another bike, you'll be looking there first. Even though there are closer places, they have earned your repeat business.. and be a loudmouth, tell others.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:23:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No oil and wont idle. I'm not in a good mood!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.